Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help with a band Name

Help with a band Name

I am trying to name this Band and need some help. This band is covering what I would loosly term Pseudo Prog ... Lots of "Vintage" material from the late 60's and early 70's. Picture the Lava Lamp Projector going and a light show and good hard rock... But dance oriented music "Heavy Handed Hammond" everywhere, psycedelica, very cool grove "Vintage Vibe" is sort of the band name idea here...
    Here's a list of some of the material we have looked at... I am always looking for more bands and songs... BTW .. Please give it a shot... ? ? ? ?

Iron Butterfly - "In a Goda Da Vida" -
    Frumpy - "How the Gypsy Was Born" -
    Deep Purple - "Highway Star" - "Hush" - "Burn"
    Atomic Rooster - "Breakthrough" - "NoBody Else" - "Don't Loose Your Mind" - "VUG"
    Focus - "Birth" - "Harem Scarem" - Medely of H Concerto
    Uriah Heep - "Easy Living" - "Steelin"
    Steppenwolf - "Magic Carpet Ride" - "Born to be Wild"
    Yes - "Roundabout" -
    ELP - "The Sheriff" -
    Led Zeppelin - "Night Flight"
    Last edited by Classic Progressive; 04-16-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    Of course, not being of the daily persuasion in this opinion laden public prog bathhouse, my diatribe of recent lucubration is perhaps as welcome as a rats teat. One often is forced to weigh the desire to flash judgment within against the effort required as well as the value this knowledge will be to the greater good of all mankind or whatever inhabits the current spa. At best, its a slippery slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Progressive View Post
    good hard rock... But dance oriented music ...............

dance-oriented music:

"Heavy Handed Hammond" everywhere, psycedelica, very cool grove "Vintage Vibe" ......

Iron Butterfly - "In a Goda Da Vida" -
    Frumpy - "How the Gypsy Was Born" -
    Deep Purple - "Highway Star" -
    Atomic Rooster - "Breakthrough" -
    Focus - "Birth" -
    Uriah Heep - "Easy Living" -
    Yes - "Roundabout" -
    ELP - "The Sheriff" -

I honestly can't think of any time in my life when any one of those songs - especially "In a Goda Da Vida" - made some hot babe want to get up and wiggle her ass

Last edited by klothos; 04-16-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Is there anyone else up there we can talk to ?
    Last edited by Classic Progressive; 04-16-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Of course, not being of the daily persuasion in this opinion laden public prog bathhouse, my diatribe of recent lucubration is perhaps as welcome as a rats teat. One often is forced to weigh the desire to flash judgment within against the effort required as well as the value this knowledge will be to the greater good of all mankind or whatever inhabits the current spa. At best, its a slippery slope.

The Flashbacks.

Don't know if it's being used, though it can be modified.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

that is your life...ok
    Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post

I honestly can't think of any time in my life when any one of those songs - especially "In a Goda Da Vida" - made some hot babe want to get up and wiggle her ass

If true your words
    If tremendous progrock you are,
    doing music the path can be found, ok

Is there anyone else up there we can talk to ?

show me a sign...

Flonkus. I wanted to use it myself, but I've been outvoted.

relating with the main topic,

it is the musical strenght made that create the name itself

the micro and the macro concept must be involved to stand ever

I am trying to name this Band and need some help.
    I always thought band names that tried to encapsulate impossible opposites were clever - Iron Butterfly, Ancient Future, Tall Dwarfs. How about something about trying to play "classic progressive" rock in the present day?
    • Yesterday's Tomorrow
    • Infinite Regress
    • Forward Repeat
    • Rewind The Future

Watergate
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Vintage Voyagers!

Rediscovery

This band is covering what I would loosly term Pseudo Prog ... Lots of "Vintage" material from the late 60's and early 70's. Picture the Lava Lamp Projector going and a light show and good hard rock... But dance oriented music "Heavy Handed Hammond" everywhere, psycedelica, very cool grove "Vintage Vibe" is sort of the band name idea here...
    Here's a list of some of the material we have looked at... I am always looking for more bands and songs... BTW .. Please give it a shot... ? ? ? ?
    In other words, proto-prog a.k.a. progressive underground, I feel ya brother! Throw in some early Sabbath, Wishbone Ash, Spirit, Canned Heat, Traffic, Edgar Broughton, Gun, Hawkwind, Blodwyn Pig.

Cosmic Travellers

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I always thought band names that tried to encapsulate impossible opposites were clever - Iron Butterfly, Ancient Future, Tall Dwarfs. How about something about trying to play "classic progressive" rock in the present day?
    • Yesterday's Tomorrow
    • Infinite Regress
    • Forward Repeat
    • Rewind The Future
    Well thanks, good to hear some other ideas.... Thanks guy's, this really helps and gives you new ideas and directions. Its like writing music in a group... one idea spawns another you might not have found yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Watergate
    Dinosaurs at the Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Vintage Voyagers!
    The Vintage Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post

"The Ass Wigglers"

Ghost Karma
    Born of Ashes
    BC/AD
    Uncle Bob's Proto Prog
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Flonkus. I wanted to use it myself, but I've been outvoted.
    I wanted "Dinosaur Games" but......... not

"The Ass Wigglers"
    The Gyrating Buttocks.

Killer name for a dance band.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Hit Disturbers

DtB

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Kind Rewind