Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Listening to vinyl makes you BETTER than people who don't listen to vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by simon moon View Post
    Not completely true.

There are several vinyl reissue labels whose reissues are at least as good, and sometimes better, than the original. Of course, they were all recorded using the actual original master tapes, not files.
    And that would be why I said "in most instances." There are plenty of exceptions and it's up to the buyers to do their research, if this is something they care about.

It's kind of frustrating to *have* to do that kind of research as a prelude to heading down to the record store and buying something, but at these prices, it's necessary.

There even some big exceptions to the recordings from the oil crisis years (insofar as the pressings being bad). It's easier to research this stuff now than ever, but research does need to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Has anyone sold off all their vinyl for a second time yet?
    Nope, learnt my lesson ONCE.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    And that would be why I said "in most instances." There are plenty of exceptions and it's up to the buyers to do their research, if this is something they care about.

It's kind of frustrating to *have* to do that kind of research as a prelude to heading down to the record store and buying something, but at these prices, it's necessary.

There even some big exceptions to the recordings from the oil crisis years (insofar as the pressings being bad). It's easier to research this stuff now than ever, but research does need to be done.
    Point taken.
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

I'll NEVER sell off my vinyl. I spent far too many years at Pittsburgh and Philadelphia record shows, trips to NYC (The Village) and New Hope, PA to buy my precious bootlegs to let them go to anyone else.

Now, if some fool offered me a ridiculous amount, I might reconsider.

Except for my Beatles collection, that is.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

You got kids, Ron? Do they want your records?

'Cos some day you're gonna move to a nursing facility, and SOMEBODY will have to deal with them. Just sayin'.

A few years ago I was in a nursing home to see someone and I passed a room that made be do a double take. This old guy had a floor to ceiling spinning cabinet stuffed with CDs, like the kind you used to see in some stores back in the 90s. Must have had a few hundred of them in there. That man remains my inspiration to this day. You can take it with you.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post

'Cos some day you're gonna move to a nursing facility, and SOMEBODY will have to deal with them. Just sayin'.
    Not really sure. If I have to, I'll build a vault with them for my ashes.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    A few years ago I was in a nursing home to see someone and I passed a room that made be do a double take. This old guy had a floor to ceiling spinning cabinet stuffed with CDs, like the kind you used to see in some stores back in the 90s. Must have had a few hundred of them in there. That man remains my inspiration to this day. You can take it with you.
    Ah, but his hearing is probably shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Has anyone sold off all their vinyl for a second time yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Nope, learnt my lesson ONCE.

I'm not buying them a second time
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

My kids keep asking me which ones are worth the most MONEY!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I'll build a vault with them for my ashes.
    They'd make an ooey gooey mess of the crematorium.

They'd make an ooey gooey mess of the crematorium.
    I'm talking after the cremation.

Vinyl Pharaoh?

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Vinyl Pharaoh?
    Hmm. I could have a small pyramid built out on the farm, have it filled with all my books, music, etc. It.Could.Work.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

But then you won't have them in Heaven?

If you burn them, won't they become virgin vinyl again?

The warmth of vinyl is such that it produces frequencies that transcend the corporeal plane of existence.

I don't believe in Heaven, so there!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    My kids keep asking me which ones are worth the most MONEY!
    But by the time you and I croak, there will be so much offer that nobody will want them, since the deceased are the ones that created this second vinyl resurgeabce deland?

Hmm. I could have a small pyramid built out on the farm, have it filled with all my books, music, etc. It.Could.Work.
    Worth a thought... everyone should have a memorial spade with the stuff he liked.... and have all of his loved ones sacrificed on his altar.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    Take the time to listen to Buzz. Hear him out. sorry about the brief but annoying breaks. well, annoying to me cause I don't like my attention/focus interrupted.

part 1

if you're brave... pt 2

I think the one dude in the first video worked for the six fingered man in the princess bride
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    everyone should have a memorial spade with the stuff he liked....
    Nah. That would decimate the used market.

I doubt if my used vinyl and CDs will be worth anything by the time I die. The book collection has some gems so maybe my pyramid will have to have some safeguards. And a curse or two.

I doubt if my used vinyl and CDs will be worth anything by the time I die. The book collection has some gems so maybe my pyramid will have to have some safeguards. And a curse or two.
    You want Lara Croft to have to work for it.

Nah. That would decimate the used market.
    Wouldn't that be fun?? and exactly my point.

Yup, it'll be like the mid-90's... you won't be abkle ti guive them away for free

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar

Listening to vinyl makes you BETTER than people who don't listen to vinyl

I never "sell off" my vinyl so much as I get the stuff I no longer feel live for and sell or trade it in order to get stuff I am more interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    HERE LIES JED AND HIS MARILLION AND FISH COLLECTION
    (WHICH IS PROBABLY MORE COMPLETE THAN MOST PEOPLES' MARILLION/FISH COLLECTIONS)