Thread: Dream Theater's North American tour kicks off on Thursday

Dream Theater's North American tour kicks off on Thursday

...here in Toronto.

I'll be there, and I actually have a friend flying in from New Brunswick to join us! Is anyone else here seeing this tour? In Toronto or elsewhere?

Back in the day Southwest Michigan and specifically Grand Rapids was one of the places that first broke them. Unfortunately they have not been back a decade or more. If they were coming closer I would go.

I am seeing the New York show.

I have a ticket for Vancouver; hope I can attend. I'd be going in completely unfamiliar with any of their material.

The Toronto show kicked ass last night! I'm not going to give away any spoilers, those wanting to see a set list can find it on-line.

This was my 6th time seeing DT. Not my favourite DT show...I would have chosen a different set list, and the sound mix was a little disappointing for a venue that I know is capable of much better...but they were great! They played for a solid three hours with a 15 minute break. LaBrie's voice was the best I've ever heard it. Coming off of a 2.5 week break might have had something to do with that. He was belting notes that I was surprised that he was still capable of hitting after doing this for so long. What a great night!

For those planning on seeing the show, you are in for an entertaining night. Don't be late after the intermission, there's a pretty funny video to watch before the band hits the stage again.