Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2012 College Football Thread

The 2012 College Football Thread

So.....anyone watch that Notre Dame/Pitt game?

Pitt came thisclose!

Oh well...
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Nope but I'll probably watch LSU - Alabama
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

We went out to eat, so I missed the Pitt/ND game. Caught most of UGA destroying Ole Miss (and all but wrapping up the SEC East). Caught the end of LSU/'Bama. Shit, LSU should've won that--could've won it at the very least.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Go Oregon Ducks!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

UGA (for those who don't know, my alma mater) can wrap up the SEC East this weekend with a win against Auburn. This victory will secure Georgia's place in Alabama's stomp to the BCS Championship.

Still, we beat Florida, and that's always a good thing.

Losing to The Ol' Ball Coach on the other hand . . .

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I've lived in Washington (state) since '85 but could never bring myself to root for the Huskies, even when hometown boy Jake Locker was there. My teams are Michigan (where I was born) and Tennessee (where I was raised). When they're in down years (or down decades) I'll root for whomever floats my boat. The only constants are the ones I hate; USC, Miami, Alabama and Ohio State.

I'd like to see Oregon win it all, even if I'm sick and tired of their eye-gouging, shroom induced uniforms designs.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

I'd much rather see Oregon than Alabama or Notre Dame.

Kansas State, unfortunately, probably has not shot, despite the possibility of going undefeated.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I'd like to see Oregon win it all, even if I'm sick and tired of their eye-gouging, shroom induced uniforms designs.
    Yeah, Eugene kinda smells funny, but I would still love to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I'd much rather see Oregon than Alabama or Notre Dame.
    Thank you!!!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    UGA (for those who don't know, my alma mater) can wrap up the SEC East this weekend with a win against Auburn. This victory will secure Georgia's place in Alabama's stomp to the BCS Championship.
    what do you think of the Aggies chance against Alabama this weekend? they have a really good team this year but I expect Alabama's defense to be fired up after such a close call with LSU. it's still a game on my radar though.

I'm not too dissappointed in my teams performance so far this year. I didn't really expect the Huskers to be a great team. I am pleased that Martinez is finally becoming a better QB but they just haven't had the quality of linemen as they did in their NC years.

I'm not quite sure what to make of K State or Notre Dame yet. there's no doubt they have good teams but Oregon and Alabama seem to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Spoken by a man who's never done shrooms, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    what do you think of the Aggies chance against Alabama this weekend?
    They're a good team, but they're playing Alabama. I wouldn't touch it for betting, but Bama should win, and they may cover as well.

Ach! Ragin' Cajuns could've beaten Florida but had a punt blocked and returned in the last seconds of the game. Not that it would've made any difference in the SEC had Florida lost; I just fucking hate Florida. Nothing else exciting in the early games. Texas A&M and Alabama should be good. Guess I'll be rooting for my other alma mater against the hated Tide this afternoon. Gig 'em Aggies!

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    A&M and Alabama should be good. Guess I'll be rooting for my other alma mater against the hated Tide this afternoon. Gig 'em Aggies!
    wow! I don't wanna jinx em but A&M 20 Alabama 0 1st quarter

A&M might just hold on!

Damn, my Hurricanes lost a heartbreaker yesterday to Virginia, by one effin' point. Shit. Not that the team's going anywhere but they're at least trying to get to a bowl (even if it's the Poulon Weedeater bowl).

I caught about a half of the TA&M/'Bama game. When you're top dog everyone wants to bring you down. I'm happy they lost (Alabama). I hate Nick Saban. Down here he's known as Dick Saban.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    So Oregon K State now favorites for the title game?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^Looks that way. Had to endure watching UCLA play at Pullman Washington last night at 7:30 PM with the tem
    at 26 at game time. the stupid Refs made sure the game lasted until after 11.

Well, my team is back in the top 25, barely. Rutgers is #22. Huge game tomorrow in Cincy. If they win out the next three weeks, Rutgers goes to a BCS game, likely the Orange Bowl. So they control their own destiny. But one big game at a time. They beat Cincy last year, but this time they may be without their star running back. It will be a close game for sure.

I am soooo happy Alabama lost last Saturday. I watched the thrilling 4th quarter, great game! If the season ended today, no SEC team would be in the title game, that would be a nice change of pace. I'm pulling for Notre Dame to somehow move up a spot, but I'd be surprised if K-State or Oregon lost. I think it's K-State's year.

It's completely ridiculous that Notre Dame has the toughest schedule and will be locked out of the title game.

What a freaking joke.

Scott it really sucks but if all three win out who do you say no to? that is why playoffs are necessary unfortunately not this year. UCLA is up 17-0 over USC in the first quarter! Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's completely ridiculous that Notre Dame has the toughest schedule and will be locked out of the title game.
    Well, things may just work out, Oregon and K-State both lost!

Well Scott looks like Notre Dame will be number 1 next week and all they have to do is beat USC in LA next week. The only thing that sucks is SEC is back to number 2. While most of the teams in the top ten were playing top 25 teams the top teams of the SEC were having a bye week against D-1-AA teams. Should Oregon and K-State only fall to number 4 just like Alabama? I doubt it and again the subjective crap prevails. Can't wait for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    The only thing that sucks is SEC is back to number 2. While most of the teams in the top ten were playing top 25 teams the top teams of the SEC were having a bye week against D-1-AA teams. Should Oregon and K-State only fall to number 4 just like Alabama? I doubt it and again the subjective crap prevails. Can't wait for the playoffs.
    I wouldn't call it a bye playing those teams -players can still get banged up, but they were joke games. I was hoping to have a title game with no SEC teams. Seems that is not going to happen. ND better win over USC, or we are looking at a potential all-SEC final.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    I wouldn't call it a bye playing those teams -players can still get banged up, but they were joke games. I was hoping to have a title game with no SEC teams. Seems that is not going to happen. ND better win over USC, or we are looking at a potential all-SEC final.
    I am sorry it is a bye week. They do this on purpose and are the only conference that does it constantly. The PAC 12 has 9 conference games. the SEC 7 The problem is why are they ranked higher? It is the preseason polls and if you only have to play one or two really hard games a year your never going to move far in loss. If you believe the SEC is a superior conference without them ever playing anyone outside the SEC then, of course, they are. I don't subscribe to that line of thinking. Alabama hasn't played on the west coast since UCLA beat them 35-24 in 2000. There is reason they don't. Playoffs cannot get here fast enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    or we are looking at a potential all-SEC final.
    Which two? I don't see anyone but the winner of the SEC Championship playing for the national title.