Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christine McVie rejoining Fleetwood Mac

I'm in complete agreement that Stevie is a superb songwriter.

I just can't stand her voice.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Have I ever mentioned how much I miss the 70's?

What I'm nostaglic for in this pic is the hand-painted lettering on the race car! Which is what I was doing until the infernal computer invaded the sign business in the mid-1980's and slowly made hand lettering obsolete.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Not meaning to derail, but did anyone catch Stevie Nicks on American Horror Story last week? Doesn't look bad for someone in her 60's (right)?
    Big American Horror story fan here. I knew she was going to be on an episode sometime this season. I thought she did a nice job for not being an actress. The girl who plays the swamp witch (can’t remember her character’s name) looks a lot like a young Stevie.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by klothos View Post
    All the Stevie hate

You guys should read the autobiography "Fleetwood" by Mick Fleetwood, if you haven't read it. It is a fascinating story about the band. One interesting facet of the book is how Stevie Nicks, even through her solo career, always wanted to keep the band together first and foremost. She's a very good songwriter and can play several instruments. You hater-guys should really lighten up on her
    Agreed, Fleetwood’s book is great with a lot of interesting stories. I also highly recommend the book “Storms” by Buckingham’s live in girlfriend back during the band’s most successful years for another perspective. I honestly could not put either one down when I was reading them. This band, and it’s members have a hell of a history.

Steve Sly

Banned
    I dont miss seeing girls in the Playtex bra that "lift and seperate" into flatness I much prefer "lift, push those puppies together, and Great-Googly-Moogly!" bra of the modern-era

That is all
    I much prefer the "unsnap and dive in" technique, although I don't think that Stevie's wearing a bra in this pic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Why are you always so offended when someone insults a musician, JIF? Lighten up.
    In all fairness to JIF, he's not the only one. Try saying something uncomplimentary about Joni Mitchell and see what happens.

In all fairness to JIF, he's not the only one. Try saying something uncomplimentary about Joni Mitchell and see what happens.

I'm laughing with not at......
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Sorry Jordan, but a croaking toad is what it is no matter what the age is of the person who hears the croaking. Some folks enjoy the croaking. I don't.
    Have you heard Courtney Love or Yoko Ono sing?

Banned
    I don't mind if someone has an opinion about a certain musician. I just wondering why ruin a celebration? I know someone from a Yesfans site that shared the news of Christine's return to the Mac on Facebook, and people just basically shitted all over his post. Btw, I believe Geezer called Stevie a croaking toad on the previous Fleetwood Mac thread.

Banned

Speaking of croaking toads.

Do Yoko and Courntey sound worse than Stevie? Of course they do. Doesn't change that to my ears, Stevie is a croaking toad, which is what I shall continue to refer to her everytime I post in a thread that she's involved in.

This is a forum. People voice their opinions. You have no problem voicing yours, Jordan.

Just try biting your lip when you get this urge to be" JIF For The Defense" that seems to transfer to your fingers on the keyboard. If you keep having a problem with sarcasm, negativity and the other things that seem to continue to get under your skin, this place will kill you!

Banned
    You have to understand where people are coming from. The Joni thread is discussing an illness that she may or may not have. I'm not a doctor, so I don't know one way or the other. So, it seems rude and unkind that people are voicing their opinions about her on that thread. Hey, my grandma was put off by her voice, and she listened to Rod Stewart and Johnny Cash.

Do Yoko and Courntey sound worse than Stevie? Of course they do. Doesn't change that to my ears, Stevie is a croaking toad, which is what I shall continue to refer to her everytime I post in a thread that she's involved in.

This is a forum. People voice their opinions. You have no problem voicing yours, Jordan.

Just try biting your lip when you get this urge to be" JIF For The Defense" that seems to transfer to your fingers on the keyboard. If you keep having a problem with sarcasm, negativity and the other things that seem to continue to get under your skin, this place will kill you!
    Okay. I'll bite my lip if certain people will stop being Simon Cowell. Although, I've never heard him use the phrase croaking frog. Btw, what's your opinion on Janis Joplin? She had a pretty gruff voice, and she was one of Stevie's biggest influences. Don't get so defensive. It's all just talk. I happen to share your opinion on Stevie Nicks. I can listen to the first two Fleetwood Mac CDs that she is on. I don't have any Fleetwood Mac after that. However, I have heard Storms and Sisters Of The Moon on the radio, and I like those. Stuff like Stand Up makes me ears bleed. It's a shame that her lifestyle ruined her voice. Like I said croaking frog is an exaggeration. I could go on. I could say that Chrissy Hynde has a man voice, but I like The Pretenders. If you'll excuse me, all this talk about frogs is making me hungry for some frog legs. Yum. Do you want some frog legs, Geezer?

Are we allowed to vote people off the island? Just a harmless question.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Are we allowed to vote people off the island? Just a harmless question.
    Are you talking to me? I'm just discussing music, frogs, and female vocalists with Geezer. What's your opinion of Stevie?

Nah, I'll stick with chicken rather than all the other meat that tastes like it.

Maybe someone should start a restaurant that serves frog legs, duck, quail, goose, alligator, kangaroo & ostrich. They would not serve any chicken, and the restaurant would be called "TASTES LIKE CHICKEN".

Banned
    Nah, I'll stick with chicken rather than all the other meat that tastes like it.

Maybe someone should start a restaurant that serves frog legs, duck, quail, goose, alligator, kangaroo & ostrich. They would not serve any chicken, and the restaurant would be called "TASTES LIKE CHICKEN".
    LOL!! That reminds me of an SNL skit where Stevie Nicks started her own restaurant. She was played by Lucy Lawless. The menu had a Fleetwood Mac theme to it, and some of Stevie's Fleetwood Mac songs were re-written to be about food.

Ya know, some of my best friends are toads and not all of them croak. Can we find a less-offensive stereotype for Stevie's voice?

FWIW, Janis also had one of the most delicate, beautiful voices ever.

And Yoko a croaking toad? Hardly. I know Rolling Stone once referred to her voice as sounding like "a retarded child being tortured." Now THAT's offensive.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Ya know, some of my best friends are toads and not all of them croak. Can we find a less-offensive stereotype for Stevie's voice?.
    LMAO!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Have you heard Courtney Love or Yoko Ono sing?
    Nobody has, JIF.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Ya know, some of my best friends are toads and not all of them croak. Can we find a less-offensive stereotype for Stevie's voice?

FWIW, Janis also had one of the most delicate, beautiful voices ever.

And Yoko a croaking toad? Hardly. I know Rolling Stone once referred to her voice as sounding like "a retarded child being tortured." Now THAT's offensive.
    I hope that this wasn't directed towards me. I know it didn't read that way, but I was defending them since Geezer called Stevie Nicks a "croaking toad". I was just using those other women as example of "unique" voices. I do enjoy Yoko's singing on Double Fantasy, and do like some Hole songs.

No Peter Green, no Fleetwood Mac. End of!

I do like Christine's voice and what is Peter Green up to these days?

When is the last he has recorded? Reaching the Cold 100 or something like that?

Does he ever perform? Is he still "mad' like the rest of us?

I don't get why people are having a problem with your opinion, progeezer

As I have said earlier, I think she is a very talented woman that is also an excellent songwriter. I also enjoy her contributions to that version of Fleetwood Mac. However, I dont think she is a great singer either (Technicality: she CAN sing, as in that she utilizes correct vocal techniques and can harmonize) but I don't like the tone of her voice either - particularly the over-vibrato that makes her sound like a sheep on crack half the time.

This is yet another shining example of a PE thread where "appreciation" and "liking/being a fan of" can be mutually exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    No Peter Green, no Fleetwood Mac. End of!
    Wrong. Christine McVie is back with Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood. Fleetwood Mac is back! Didn't ya hear??

I don't like the tone of her voice either - particularly the over-vibrato that makes her sound like a sheep on crack half the time.
    Ya know. I happen to know (not in the Biblical sense) a lot of sheep and hardly any of them smoke crack!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"