Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Camel Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    I Can See Your House From Here
    It just dawned upon me that the album artwork alludes to a painting by Salvador Dali (hanging on the wall in front of me, actually).

Subtle, just as Camel's music.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Quote Originally Posted by wurensh View Post
    Best version, IMHO is from the Never Let Go release... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FVbivYwc68.
    I am not sure if it has to do with the type of guitar Andy used, Les Paul replica (Burny Super Grade Model) vs Fender Stratocaster, but I prefer the version from the 2003 Farewell tour. It sounds fuller with the Burny.

First time I heard Camel was as an opening band to Wishbone Ash. I was pretty blown away by Camel that night, their positive energy, and their great sound. The next day I bought Mirage, and the rest was history. I agree with those who have said there is not a bad Camel album. Even 'Single Factor' has something, though I might call it my least favorite. Yes, Ice is an exceptional guitar solo. Andy can really make the guitar sing. My favorite Camel song ever is 'Echoes', I think. But overall album? I couldn't say. I've always loved 'Moonmadness', that could be my favorite, but I won't discount 'A Nod & A Wink' either, there's a lot to offer there, but it suffers from not coming out in our formative years.

So what are the killer songs - like "Ice" - post Rain Dances?
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Quote Originally Posted by Smörgåsbord View Post
    Echoes and The Sleeper from Breathless are the first ones that come to mind. The Hour Candle from Harbour Of Tears might also be to your liking.

[? Also any DVD reccomedations¿[/QUOTE]

All of them. I own about 6 I think. Buy direct from Camel at www.camelproductions.com

I love Breathless both the title track and the album

A few post Raindance killer songs-

Breathless - Echoes
    Harbour of Tears - Running From Paradise, Coming of Age
    Rajaz - Three Wishes
    Nod & A Wink - Squigley Fair

Quote Originally Posted by Musitron View Post
    I still remenber when I first hear 'Mirage'. It was in 74 or 75. Wow! what a sound. But later when some members of Caravan joined Camel it was not the same. Too smooth. They should changed the name for Caramel
    High Vibration Go On - R.I.P. Chris Squire

Richard Sinclair was/is an excellent vocalist. Who doesn't love "Tell Me"?

Richard Sinclair was/is an excellent vocalist. Who doesn't love "Tell Me"?
    He brings something unique to 'Summer Lightning' as well, though things like 'Down of the Farm' which has a nice charm, doesn't work for me quite like his work with Hatfield & The North.

Quote Originally Posted by nearfest View Post
    "news soon" on the website it says. Hopefully it involves more than just a new model T-shirt :-)
    Don't fall for that. When they posted that message about 2 years ago, I jumped on it and posted a thread on PE hoping someone might have some inside info, but it was not to be.
    Too bad. The very thought of a new Camel project got me all excited.