Thread: Holiday Prog Show in Chicago this Sunday, 12/22 w/D97, Zip Tang and Might Could!

Holiday Prog Show in Chicago this Sunday, 12/22 w/D97, Zip Tang and Might Could!

Hi everyone,

It's been a great year for D97, what with highly successful European and American tours with the legendary John Wetton, and getting a lot of new music together in preparation for recording and releasing a new album in 2014. We're looking to wrap it all up in style this Sunday at the Double Door for our annual holiday show, which will be a doozy with the lineup we've got!

Sunday, 12/22
    Double Door
    1572 N Milwaukee Ave

8 PM-Might Could
    9 PM-Zip Tang
    10 PM-District 97
    $12, 21+
    Advance tickets at: http://www.doubledoor.com/event/4277...ct-97-chicago/

Aside from all the holiday cheer, this show will be extra special because it will feature the debut of my brand new Tama drum kit! I'm proud to announce that I'm now officially a Tama Artist and am very much looking forward to collaborating with them. I'm equally proud to continue fostering my partnerships with Paiste Cymbals, Evans Drumheads and Promark Drumsticks, who have all served me exceedingly well this year. Come and check out the new kit!

Other stuff going on with D97:

HOLIDAY SALE
    We've got a holiday sale going on at http://www.district97.net/store now through Friday, 12/20. We're offering the limited remaining quantity of our District 97/John Wetton US Tour Shirts (designed by PE's Martin Kornick and printed by our own Sean Tonar) for only $16.99, as well as CDs signed by the whole band for only $14.99! Check out the bundle packages to save even more. All prices include shipping

US TOUR VIDEOS
    If you couldn't make our recent US tour, here are a couple fan videos to give you a taste of what went down:

One More Red NIghtmare w/John Wetton, from our sold-out show at Iridium in NYC on 10/15:

Snow Country (a new song), from Jammin' Java in Vienna, VA on 10/9:

Thanks again for making 2013 another banner year for us. See you all in 2014!

Happy Holidays,
    Jonathan & District 97

Congrats on the big year for District 97 Jonathan , your band is one of the real bright spots on the prog scene these days. Can't wait to hear what comes next.

Hope you got DA BEARS game on somewhere....
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

That game and the crushing defeat will forever be known as Gordo's revenge, for all the people who didn't go to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Nasser View Post
    That game and the crushing defeat will forever be known as Gordo's revenge, for all the people who didn't go to the show.
    Ahem....I have this (what I thought was) really good friend, who's in one of those 3 bands that played that night that never gave me a "heads up" about this show, so we already had something else scheduled. Had I (we?) known with a little advance notice, the odds are we would have made it.

yourself dude!

Oh yeah, I heard Da Bears lost another game since then.

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

This whole show is streaming here for anyone who wants to check it out: http://gigity.tv/event/12811/