Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FYI - Violent street game called "Knockout".

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    I'm always amazed at the answer so many kids give when they do horrific things like this, that they are bored. I remember being a bored kid, it never made me want to assault someone. You are really that bored? Go and volunteer your time somewhere, I don't know, a hospital, a church or a soup kitchen, doesn't matter. The cure to boredom shouldn't be violent, immoral behavior.
    WORD!!!!!!

Just amazes me that these kids have nothing better to do with their time than be complete brutes and idiots There have been some instances where someone playing "Knockout" got "Glocked Out" and completely deserved it.
    Never play slap bass around bears, you'll make them VERY angry.

I see a padlock coming down the hallway.........
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

What side will the Asians take?
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    What side will the Asians take?
    Asians wait until it's over and take control.

j/k

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    I'm always amazed at the answer so many kids give when they do horrific things like this, that they are bored. I remember being a bored kid, it never made me want to assault someone. You are really that bored? Go and volunteer your time somewhere, I don't know, a hospital, a church or a soup kitchen, doesn't matter. The cure to boredom shouldn't be violent, immoral behavior.
    This is typical of sociopaths/psychopaths - people who for whatever reason do not have a moral conscience. While psychopathy is readily linked to serial killers, people who have additional psycho-sexual abnormalities that drive them to repeatedly murder, there are those who are less damaged, and even functional in our society. They just don't have a conscience that inherently distinguishes right from wrong. Personality traits that typically comes along with being a sociopath are being bored easily, a need for constant stimulation, as well as a complete lack of empathy or compassion.

The kids who say that they were bored usually have two things going on as well: a poor vocabulary, so they can't express themselves any better, and less social sophistication, or ability to justify themselves to authority.

In all honesty, sports programs are a better fit for these kinds of kids. Sports are very physical and sensually engaging, they just need to be monitored about cheating, because for a sociopath, it is all about getting caught and punished, not about upholding a code of conduct.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    So are all those survivalists who are preparing for Armageddon expecting a race war?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    This is typical of sociopaths/psychopaths - people who for whatever reason do not have a moral conscience. While psychopathy is readily linked to serial killers, people who have additional psycho-sexual abnormalities that drive them to repeatedly murder, there are those who are less damaged, and even functional in our society. They just don't have a conscience that inherently distinguishes right from wrong. Personality traits that typically comes along with being a sociopath are being bored easily, a need for constant stimulation, as well as a complete lack of empathy or compassion.

The kids who say that they were bored usually have two things going on as well: a poor vocabulary, so they can't express themselves any better, and less social sophistication, or ability to justify themselves to authority.

In all honesty, sports programs are a better fit for these kinds of kids. Sports are very physical and sensually engaging, they just need to be monitored about cheating, because for a sociopath, it is all about getting caught and punished, not about upholding a code of conduct.
    Explain O.J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Explain O.J. Simpson
    He would be the poster child, wouldn't he? Excelled greatly at sports, but when that career was over, he lost his outlet and took it out on Nicole.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    He would be the poster child, wouldn't he? Excelled greatly at sports, but when that career was over, he lost his outlet and took it out on Nicole.
    That's a bit of a stretch. He didn't kill anyone during his playing years because he was too busy setting rushing records? Please. I don't doubt that he murdered his wife, but it wasn't because he was predisposed.

I dunno....as an amateur psychologist, I can see how his violence was channeled into football.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

But he did once rescue a cat from a towering inferno.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Explain O.J. Simpson
    I don't understand this. How are these things connected?

Banned
    I don't understand this. How are these things connected?
    They're not. I'm just messin' with your head. Go back to sleep.

Very good. Carry on, then...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I dunno....as an amateur psychologist, I can see how his violence was channeled into football.
    Well, that's the problem with amateur psychology. It's amateur.

Whatever, man.

Well, that's the problem with amateur psychology. It's amateur.
    When you really look at it, that's all psycology is, a person with a degree making an amateur guess.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    When you really look at it, that's all psycology is, a person with a degree making an amateur guess.
    Well, that's a bit too dismissive, IMO.

BTW, "professional" simply means you get paid.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    BTW, "professional" simply means you get paid.
    As in the sentence "tonight I am a professional musician". LOL
    <sig out of order>

...there are those who are less damaged, and even functional in our society. They just don't have a conscience that inherently distinguishes right from wrong.
    I'm not sure that applies in this case. When young males get together in a group with no supervision, you never know what they're going to come up with. I see this as no different than a passed out, drunken college girl gang raped by a bunch of frat boys.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm not sure I have my Knockout attacks straight, but just reading about a Brooklyn guy who was charged for trying to Knockout a 78 year old woman. Really? He was going to brag about being able to knockout a 78 year old woman with one punch?

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'm not sure I have my Knockout attacks straight, but just reading about a Brooklyn guy who was charged for trying to Knockout a 78 year old woman. Really? He was going to brag about being able to knockout a 78 year old woman with one punch?
    the thing that gets me is when they video themselves doing crap like that and put it up on youtube.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"