Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Women Impressed by Men Who Condemn Their Taste in Music

I once started dating this girl, and upon my first visit to her apartment, I scanned her album collection and lo-and-behold she had not one but TWO Gentle Giant albums (Free Hand & Glass House) I thought I had hit pay-dirt....turned out, she was the worst control-freaking Bitch I had ever met.

I'm not really sure what lesson can be learned from this story..

I think it speaks volumes!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I knew things weren't likely to work out between me and a woman i had been seeing for a while when she recently came to my apartment, noticed my cd's and starting rattling on about how her first husband also .."spent so much time and money shopping online and buying cds..i could never understand why he did it".

This woman was banished from my kingdom forthwith.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

hilarious sig line hahahaha

oooh thought i was replying to yves guess not

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    I once started dating this girl, and upon my first visit to her apartment, I scanned her album collection and lo-and-behold she had not one but TWO Gentle Giant albums (Free Hand & Glass House) I thought I had hit pay-dirt....turned out, she was the worst control-freaking Bitch I had ever met.

I'm not really sure what lesson can be learned from this story..
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I think it speaks volumes!
    Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    I knew things weren't likely to work out between me and a woman i had been seeing for a while when she recently came to my apartment, noticed my cd's and starting rattling on about how her first husband also .."spent so much time and money shopping online and buying cds..i could never understand why he did it".

This woman was banished from my kingdom forthwith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    hilarious sig line hahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    oooh thought i was replying to yves guess not
    lmao.gif
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    If it did we'd all be gay.
    I would be Mrs. Progatron. Holy cow, it'd almost be worth being gay, the more I think about it. Of course, if we broke up, dividing the collection would be pretty ugly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I wish!!!!!!

However, I must say that I've found very pleasant to discover years later that most of my ex-GFs whose musical tastes have been permanently changed after I taught them good tastes...
    Man, you're a regular svengali, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    However, I must say that I've found very pleasant to discover years later that most of my ex-GFs whose musical tastes have been permanently changed after I taught them good tastes...
    Do you rate your women like you do your music "That way, I don't giver my flavour of the month... nor will I forget this or that... "

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I only ever date girls who are already heavily into Simon Steensland or Victor Perraino's Kingdom Come.
    Your right hand is deaf.

I only date women who are heavily into I Peni Grande.

I remember the first time I went through my girlfriend's (now wife) record collection at college. I found maybe two or three album I deemed as acceptable but I was quite careful to keep my goddamn mouth shut. Musical arguments did surface and have continued for many years. I have endured country concerts, too many James Taylor shows to count, Neil Diamond, and god forbid, Barry Fucking Manilow. On the other hand she has stuck through plenty of my concerts. She rarely plays music in the house, even when spending hours on the computer with her whole library right in front of her yet she always wants to hear her CDs while in the car. I am always playing music, especially in my man cave where I work. It all evens out. What I cannot abide is her interest in true crime shows, bad horror movies, and all those reality shows about fashion and bridal gowns. But that's another rant entirely.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Your right hand is deaf.
    You sir win an internet.

You guys are putting too much emphasis on this being about music and not paying attention to the actual (evolutionary) psychology of the interaction.

Women are naturally and genetically attracted to higher status men than herself. High status in this sense does not mean; rich, famous, high prestige job, etc. But refers more to behavioral traits, as in; extroverted, dominant (not in a dickish way), the leader of his group of friends, able to command any social situation, not intimidated by beautiful women, etc.

When he puts down her taste in music, he is displaying that he is not afraid of losing her by risking insulting her personal taste. He is communicating that he is doing the choosing and not hoping for her to choose him. Most attractive women are used to men fawning over her in the fear that she will reject him for not agreeing with her.

A beautiful women is so used to hearing compliments, they barely register with her. But a humorously delivered mild insult, can be much more effective in creating attraction. One of the best known is, "did anyone ever tell you that your nose wiggles a little when you laugh? Look, there is goes again".
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I only date women who are heavily into I Peni Grande.
    Tell me, is that another one-off RPI?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Tell me, is that another one-off RPI?
    Only the most legendary...

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

I need to smoke some crack in a drunken stupor.

Is it american thang to that ugly ?

Only the most legendary...
    DON'T tell me then; RPI for "Rigor Peni Intervenzione"?
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Reading the bald man legendary of his own mind for the ladies.
    This forum got it all - Scrotum Scissor best for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Nope.

I have heard I Peni Grande with my very own ears. Someday it may yet see some kind of release...

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I have heard I Peni Grande with my very own ears. Someday it may yet see some kind of release...
    Was it that obscure yet mythical power trio with John Jeremy, Ron Holmes and RIO di Vanessa?

Ugliness is universal.