Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NEW Vinyl thread

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    This could well be, since I'm much happier with the spikes than what I was using. A note on vinyl. I had to return an lp because of a skip. I could not believe that they replaced the album with the exact same lp. They tried to clean up the skip and I assume that it worked for them so they sent it back to me as a replacement. I sent it back and got a different title. I quickly rubbed them off my to purchase from list.
    WOW! That's unreal. Do you mind telling us who this was from?

Robert Wyatt LP's on Domino--I have only Shleep but it's GREAT quality and has some bonus cuts not on the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    A note on vinyl. I had to return an lp because of a skip.
    Ah memories....

Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Robert Wyatt LP's on Domino--I have only Shleep but it's GREAT quality and has some bonus cuts not on the CD.
    I've got a few of these and they sound great. Speaking of Wyatt, Cuneiform's recent release of the archival '68 is phenomenal.

Nick Drake on LP--I've heard from customers recently that the new issues on vinyl are AMAZING! Being a huge fan, I'll probably end up getting these in the near future. All three albums come as a regular 180-gram or as a deluxe boxed set with cool extras and also free high-resolution flac downloads. Best of both worlds.
    Anybody have any comments on the new Drake LP's?

Quote Originally Posted by Pr33t View Post
    I've got a few of these and they sound great. Speaking of Wyatt, Cuneiform's recent release of the archival '68 is phenomenal.
    I was just wondering about this as we got sock last week on the CD only so far. Is the vinyl quality and music quality both good? I take it this is pre-1st album or am I mistaken?

WOW! That's unreal. Do you mind telling us who this was from?
    I sent you a PM as others may not have a problem with this company.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Ah memories....
    Is that a jab to the nads? Huh, Huh.
    The older I get, the better I was.

I was just wondering about this as we got sock last week on the CD only so far. Is the vinyl quality and music quality both good? I take it this is pre-1st album or am I mistaken?
    Yes, both are excellent, on quality white vinyl, with a cool interview insert. It is material recorded in-between the first and second albums - in the US while Soft Machine were touring with the Jimi Hendrix experience.

Flamen Dialis – Symptôme Deď (1979) reissue is out now on Papaaver Records.Same label released Archaia,was it a year ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Flamen Dialis – Symptôme Deď (1979) reissue is out now on Papaaver Records.Same label released Archaia,was it a year ago?
    I awoke to an email yesterday stating such. Huge reissue news! Now that they've done Archaia and Flamen Dialis, it makes me wonder what else they plan on reissuing. Two great choices so far!

Quote Originally Posted by saulgoodman View Post
    I awoke to an email yesterday stating such. Huge reissue news! Now that they've done Archaia and Flamen Dialis, it makes me wonder what else they plan on reissuing. Two great choices so far!
    Yes,very unique and great two first reissues.

I'd like to have :

Pataphonie / Le matin blanc

Nice services both by the way, run by cool guys.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Nice services both by the way, run by cool guys.
    Yes,they are very great,fast services.Record heaven and BTF also stable places to buy vinyl.More and more of these shops sell through Discogs as well.

Stumbled across a brand-new pressing of Heldon's Interface today. Beautiful foldout. Snagged it immediately.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Reginod View Post
    Stumbled across a brand-new pressing of Heldon's Interface today. Beautiful foldout. Snagged it immediately.
    The label is Superior Viaduct and they are based out of San Francisco. They just reissued "Fragments of Light" by Sensations Fix. They will also be reissuing the two Glaxo Babies LP's and a few of the early Brigitte Fontaine albums.

How is the quality on the Heldon?

Haven't had a chance to hear it yet. Soon.
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by saulgoodman View Post
    They will also be reissuing the two Glaxo Babies LP's
    "Nine Months to the Disco" is a masterpiece!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    "Nine Months to the Disco" is a masterpiece!
    Didn't realize you were so into them, Spyros. I'm all about "Put Me on the Guest List"!

Never even heard bout Glaxo Babies.
    I tried to search Heldon - Intreface,one of the coolest album arts.IIrc original it's not gatefold.

Just got the new Flower Kings on red vinyl. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but this album has been growing on me.

I tried to search Heldon - Interface,one of the coolest album arts.IIrc original it's not gatefold.
    According to RYM the original Cobra release was a gatefold. Wouldn't it be cool to find that one?

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/alb...nterface_f3.p/

According to RYM the original Cobra release was a gatefold. Wouldn't it be cool to find that one?

Yes,I have it on my shelf hiding

I own the original "Interface" LP and it's a gatefold
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS