Thread: Halford

Halford

Not talking about The Priest here, but Rob Halford’s solo band “Halford”. Just for the hell of it I pulled out “Resurrection” and “Crucible” for a listen today, and think these are really top notch metal albums. In fact I like them better than much of Priest’s output. I am not really familiar with any of the band members outside of this project, but they kick ass. Along with the aggressive stuff each album contains some nice ballads as well. I know they put out a 3rd album, but I don’t have that one. Anyway, just wondering if there are any other fans of Halford’s side project?

Steve Sly

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    I like Halford's band. Somehow, I never acquired Resurrection, but I have Crucible and Live Insurrection, as well as the more recent Metal God Essentials Vol. 1 and Halford IV-Made Of Metal.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Does FIGHT count as Halford solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Does FIGHT count as Halford solo?

Fight also had Halford at the helm, but I think all of the band members were different. It has been a while since I heard any Fight, but if I remember right they were more in the style of Indutrial / Nu Metal where as Halford was more traditional classic metal in style. I consider them two totally different projects, but not sure that everyone would agree with that. Personally I liked the Halford material a lot better than the Fight stuff.

Steve Sly

FIGHT had Russ Parish in it. Fun fact: Russ has that Kevin Gilbert direct connection.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    FIGHT
    Rob Halford-v,g
    Russ Parrish-g,k,bv
    Brian Tilse-g,k,bv
    Jay Jay-b,bv
    Scott Travis-d,bv

HALFORD
    Rob Halford-v
    Roy Z-g / Pat Lachman-g
    Mike Chlasciak-g
    Mike Davis-b / Ray Riendeau-b
    Bobby Jarzombek-d
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

let’s not forget 2WO (album: “voyeurs”), his industrial project with john5lowery and produced by trent reznor. didn’t set the world alight, albeit being much hyped at the time, but i still like it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    let’s not forget 2WO (album: “voyeurs”), his industrial project with john5lowery and produced by trent reznor. didn’t set the world alight, albeit being much hyped at the time, but i still like it for what it is.
    I have that disc and need to revisit it. I don't recall liking it too much but I might be able to find something off of it now.

I remember really getting into the first Fight album "War of Words" - similar to Painkiller style Priest. Great songs. Followups weren't as good IMO.