Thread: Abbey Road Webcam

Abbey Road Webcam

It's pretty sad how much time I can spend using that link to watch traffic.

Who painted those lines on the road and what were they drinking?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    That's the British version of these things.

If you watch long enough, in the daylight hours (pretty sad how much time I can spend using that link to watch traffic) you can see tourists attempting to pose like the Beatles and holding up traffic.

This is also one of the rare webcams I've found which streams audio.

That's about 9x too cool!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    <ar_zps30f6dc0f.gif>
    "Paul" is the only one not stepping on the painted sections. Another clue!

What's the person in the green supposed to be doing?
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    "Paul" is the only one not stepping on the painted sections. Another clue!
    And Ringo's gibbon arms have a funny glitch in them. Maybe... they're both alive???

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Happy 48th Birthday Abbey Road (the album)!!! I thought using this thread would be a fun way to celebrate - I just looked and the webcam is still up and running. Looks like maybe a few people are there for the birthday.

I was just driving my son to school - he's 8 and he had chorus for the first time this morning. The Beatles Channel was on and we heard all of the Medley, which I had forgotten was a medley actually. Anyway, my son listens very carefully to music and he was watching the song titles change, and he said "why does it keep changing?" Then he said "doesn't it all seem like one long song?" I sort of felt like I was hearing it for the first time. I never really listened to Abbey Road as much as Sgt Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine, and Help (those were pretty much my favorites). But my son was listening to it more closely than I ever really had. I think he's another proghead in the making. I'd be two for two if that's the case!

Something I was wondering is if there are other albums named after the studio where they were recorded - it's kind of a funny thing to do. Unless they released the album before naming the studio? Was Electric Lady named that before the Electric Ladyland was released? Maybe you can count VDGG's Maida Vale. Those are the ones that came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Something I was wondering is if there are other albums named after the studio where they were recorded - it's kind of a funny thing to do. Unless they released the album before naming the studio? Was Electric Lady named that before the Electric Ladyland was released? Maybe you can count VDGG's Maida Vale. Those are the ones that came to mind.
    I believe the Elton John album Caribou was named for the studio in Nederland, Colorado where it was recorded.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    I believe the Elton John album Caribou was named for the studio in Nederland, Colorado where it was recorded.
    And of course there was 'Honky Château'.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    If you watch long enough, in the daylight hours (pretty sad how much time I can spend using that link to watch traffic) you can see tourists attempting to pose like the Beatles and holding up traffic.

This is also one of the rare webcams I've found which streams audio.
    You're right, it's very amusing to watch people crossing and posing. I'll bet if you watched long enough you'd see someone get run over too - I just saw one close call!

Are the gates at the bottom right the gates to the studio? A lot of people pose in front of them. Not sure if the studio is still in operation.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Abbey Road, the studio, was named prior to the release. Electric Ladyland Studios was named after the release.

"Abbey Road" was originally going to be titled "Everest."
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

ewiser
    I watch the Abbey Road webcam all the time on the Earthcam app on my Appletv. There is always interesting things going on. You see bands shooting publicity pictures and tourist waving to friends on the the cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My cousin Steve, who died a few years ago, bought me the Abbey Road album. He then got drafted and went to Vietnam
    and was never the same. He was a great, happy guy before he went. I always think of him when I hear this music. Thanks so much, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Jethro Tull’s “Chateau Disaster”

Does The Band’s “Music from Big Pink”count? How about Dylan’s “Basement Tapes”?