Thread: Nick Mason+Rick Fenn Lie For A Lie

Nick Mason+Rick Fenn Lie For A Lie

I saw this album in a music store the other day, and I'd never heard of it before. It's called Nick Mason+Rick Fenn: Lie For A Lie Featuring David Gilmour on guitar. It has an odd cover of a guy with a large mallet on the front cover. I wondered if anyone has ever heard of this and what's it like?

I think you mean Profiles. “Lie for a Lie” was the single from the album:

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:“25ème anniversaire”-Artcane/Odyssée

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I saw this album in a music store the other day, and I'd never heard of it before. It's called Nick Mason+Rick Fenn: Lie For A Lie Featuring David Gilmour on guitar. It has an odd cover of a guy with a large mallet on the front cover. I wondered if anyone has ever heard of this and what's it like?
    Just for the record, Gilmour only sings, and only on that one song. If I remember correctly, Rick Fenn played all the guitars on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by hippypants View Post
    I wondered if anyone has ever heard of this and what's it like?
    Bought it when it was first released on vinyl, and recently found it used on CD so I upgraded.. Profiles has some nice moments on it..

Its mostly library music, composed for a company called Bamboo Music:
    "Bamboo Music produced music jingles for corporate clients like HMV, a British chain of record stores. "
    Harmless eighties synths instrumentals (apart for 2 songs).
    I actually gave it a few plays in my teens, though I definately dont remember anything from it except for the single...

I have the vinyl. I liked it & still like it, but not as much.

I remember the first time I heard it. Riding in a car after a particular rough training session in the Navy. Covered in dirt & sweat & it's 100+F outside with no A/C. This song comes on the radio &, being a die-hard PF fan I'm shocked to hear Gilmour's voice in a non-PF song. Of course the radio DJ never once identified the song.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I always enjoyed this album though it's been a while since I've listened. Bought the Cd on release day I believe.

Haven't spun this one in about 5 years. Agree with flytomars, some good moments on this mostly instrumental mostly harmless album. I don't remember the track but it had an odd time signature and you could almost hear Mason counting the beats. Definitely not in his wheelhouse. I did play it quite a bit when it came out, it today it's pleasant but nothing, more. Due for another spin.

I have a copy on vinyl at home...ditto on the above. I enjoy it when it's on, but forget it almost as quickly when it's off again.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com