Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NorCal Prog Festival 2013

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing
    Not at all. I enjoyed the show in Oakland. I really liked the basket with deer antlers.

NorCal Prog Festival is pleased to announce,
    "Erik Norlander and The Galactic Collective will perform at the NorCal Prog Festival on November 16, 2013 promoting Erik's two latest multi-disc releases, The Galactic Collective - Live in Gettysburg and The Galactic Collective - Definitive Edition, both available at www.thetank.com and fine prog rock retailers everywhere. The Galactic Collective is a re-imagining of Norlander's favorite instrumental songs written for his band Rocket Scientists, his chanteuse spouse Lana Lane and his many solo albums including Threshold, Into the Sunset, Music Machine and Seas of Orion. Norlander will bring the music of The Galactic Collective to the stage in a rare Northern California appearance and participate in a meet-and-greet session after the show."
    www.eriknorlander.com
    www.facebook.com/erik.norlander.artist.page

Think Tank Media
    www.thetank.com
    progressive rock production company and record label offering CD, DVD and download titles. Our major artists are Lana Lane, Erik Norlander and Rocket Scientists. International online secure credit card processing is available.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'd consider flying out for that line up, especially if FSE were added

Good luck with this
    FSE = Five Storey Ensemble?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Free Salamander Exhibit though Five Storey Ensemble would be equally good
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    FSE = Five Storey Ensemble?
    Fruit Salad Extra

Tickets are on sale and we have all bands set to play. Check us out at

http://norcalprogfestival.org

Best of luck with the festival Kurt! I have it on good authority that these are a lot of work and can be a bit stressful. But we need people like you to keep PROG alive! All ahead full captain Kurt.
    CalProg Presents: Stick Men & The Aristocrats - Jan 25, 2014
    CalProg Website

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJimH View Post
    Best of luck with the festival Kurt! I have it on good authority that these are a lot of work and can be a bit stressful. But we need people like you to keep PROG alive! All ahead full captain Kurt.
    Thanks a lot , Jim. I really appreciate your support!

Jefferson James
    I'm bumping this.

Heliopolis is pretty much an unknown entity but we're grateful to NorCal Kurt for inviting us to his home base twice this year (Berkeley this past January and now Nor Cal Prog Festival). Kurt, thank you for your faith and support, it means everything to us.

If anyone is interested in what we do, here's a video from a show we played here in Los Angeles this past September; this is our "slow building rocker" with some instrumental sections where we get to improvise a bit, mucho thanks to anyone who chooses to check it out.

Really looking forward to this Saturday, we're going to do our best to rock the roof off the place (what better venue than a church?), we're all excited to see Inner Ear Brigade, Erik Norlander, and Moraine, too. Should be a fun night.

I think there are still some tickets available for you West Coast dwelling prog-devouring machines.

I shall be there roadie-ing for Heliopolis. Who are up and comers, though not new-boys by any stretch of the imagination, and damn good blokes.

The weather will be perfect this weekend. It looks like a Progtastic weekend ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJimH View Post
    Thanks Jim and Kurt for everything you do to keep live prog shows coming. I can't imagine how much work it must be to do what you guys do. Here's hoping the NorCal Prog festival is a smashing success-- (Break a leg Kerry, Jerry, Matt, Mike & Scott. (Guess that would be 10 legs!!))