Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Keneally NEW CD- You Must Be This Tall

Mike Keneally NEW CD- You Must Be This Tall

PE's own has a brand new album called "You Must Be This Tall"! I am stoked to hear this whole CD!

Here's a tasty taste for starters!

Also, Mike could use your help spreading the word about the new CD, and if you do there's some bonus tracks in it for ya!

Watch this vid and then share that magic link!

http://jamplify.com/mike-keneally/jamp/ymbtt

Looks like you need to sign up but trust me, it'll be worth it...

Nice tune, cute video!

I'd like to help Mike out and get those bonus tracks, but not enough to have to join Facebook. I will be buying the album, however.

Jon Neudorf
    Will be reviewing this when it arrives. Looking forward to it!

Regards,
    Jon

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sounds really decent. I'm interested in picking it up.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I love how the toons react to that F#m6 chord.

Really great stuff!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Great stuff from Mike. Hope to help out the best I can!

Order placed, signed up for the Jamplify thingy. Ready to rock out.

Mike

Thank you everyone I am jazzed about the record and curious to learn how you guys will feel about it!

Ernie, c'mon man PM me, you know I'll hook you up

Jefferson James
    This sampler/collage sounds particularly delicious; super-stoked about this album, gotta see about pre-ordering today so I can download it asap. Thanks, Mike!

the new album.... yesssss

that video is wonderful also. nicely done, MK.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

This is all fine and good and I like the song, but when I see the word "enticing" I expect naked women and such. Please do not engage in these sorts of underhanded tactics in the future. Thank you.

I thought you said you like cats.

Not that way.

Mike, just curious. Did Scambot 2 get delayed or did it morph into this new CD? If not, how would you say they differ?

"alcohol, tobacco and firearms..."

Some of the material on this was originally earmarked for Scambot 2, but with Scambot 2 taking so long to happen (part of the concept of the Scambot trilogy is that work on it proceeds at its own pace, it's not meant to be rushed) some of these songs have just been sitting around for so long and I really wanted "You Must Be This Tall" to be a selection of the very best material I had in the works, in some cases for many years, partially because it made a badass album, but also as a means of clearing the decks before work on "Scambot 2" continued. I want all three "Scambot" volumes to have radically different feels from one another. I do have a bunch of music already in the works for "Scambot 2" that I can't wait to get back to work on, but right now we're in the final days of putting together the "Sluggo!" reissue audio and video material - if I'm very lucky with my progress in the next week I might be able to take the next step on the "Scambot 2" material (which is to get Julie Slick down here to record some bass on tracks that Kris Myers, Rick Musallam and I recorded last year when Kris was here in San Diego so we could rehearse for NEARfest) before the next 2-month Satriani tour leg starts on Aug. 29. Then when that tour's over I'm going to do a bunch of "Scambot 2" recording in November. Then hopefully a two-week East Coast/Midwest tour with my band in late Nov/early Dec (still in the works but I'm hopeful).

Jon Neudorf
    Mike, are you with Satriani when he hits Saskatoon, Saskatchewan this fall. My buddy and I are thinking about going.

Regards,
    Jon

Jon Neudorf
    Cool! Looking forward to the show!

Regards,
    Jon

Mike, thanks for the info!

Really enjoying this CD so far! I keep thinking of Music For Guitar And Low Budget Orchestra in spots (which I LOVE), so if you all liked that I think this one could scratch a similar itch at times- there's an orchestrated element on some pieces. But still there's more, as Todd said.... It's not all like that. This one actually reminds me a bit of Scambot in it's diversity.

A Mike Keneally tour of the East Coast in November/December? I'm there! As I'll be done paying alimony then (long story), I'll happily give money to Mike Keneally for tour tix.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally View Post
    Ernie, c'mon man PM me, you know I'll hook you up
    Gawd Mike, do you have to be a genius musician/composer AND a super nice guy?! I truly appreciate it, but it's not your fault that I have my neurotic issues about joining Facebook. If anything, I owe you for all of the fantastic music that has made my world a brighter place.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the new one muy mucho!

This one is really twisted, isn't it? It sounds like the best of Zappa's classical music, but with Mike's unique stamp. Nothing here sounds conventional ... It just sounds like Mike. I'm not sure if I quite get it all yet, but I can tell you it is one of the most truly original and progressive albums I've heard in ages.

Quick question, Mike ... I noticed the photo from the inlay of "Wingbeat" is the same as the one on the cover of the new record. What is your Conceptual Continuity?
    Last edited by zombywoof; 08-20-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Like.... BUMP!

I've just got round to playing this. How lovely.
    A very beautiful piece of music. I'm, like, totally going to get this, yeah?