Thread: Jack Bruce(on acoustic bass)-Jon Hiseman-Dick Heckstall-Smith-Short YT clip.

Jack Bruce(on acoustic bass)-Jon Hiseman-Dick Heckstall-Smith-Short YT clip.

I was blown away by this clip.A short (under 3 minutes) clip of Bruce-Hiseman-Heckstall-Smith live from the late 60s.This is (so i'm told) from the Rope Ladder To The Moon dvd.Jack Bruce has such a big, strong sound on the upright bass,and Jon Hiseman is a beast on drums:articulation and drive,a variety of strokes, confidence,all the gifts.Dick Heckstall-Smith is no slouch either.Dig him with the double sax,a la Roland Kirk.

I only wish there was more like this.

Last edited by walt; 08-10-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

like like like

Things We Like was one of my earliest introductions to free jazz. I didn't like it initially, but it was Jack, so I kept trying....

which is often what you need to do!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Yep, Things we Like. A great record.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Hiseman was the best drummer Britain produced during the 60s\70s imo, alongside Bryan Spring.

Interesting and very cool stuff. All three musicians, of course, had extensive experience in both rock and jazz. And listening to Cream and Colosseum, it was clear that their approach to rock took a lot from their work in jazz - extended improvisations, and a harmonically hip take on the blues. But on this, you can hear what they could bring to jazz from playing rock - energy, punchiness, and a to-the-point brevity.