Thread: Chateau D"Hérouville (studio & estate) for sale

Chateau D"Hérouville (studio & estate) for sale

Grandeur et Décadence

The once-famous studios in Paris' northern region (Val d'Oise) is apparently fairly in a decrepit state

http://www.telerama.fr/musique/la-fo...ars,100454.php
    Last edited by Trane; 08-08-2013 at 02:38 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Huh- there had been talk of opening it back up recently I thought... guess that fell through.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Grandeur et Décadence

The once-famous studios in Paris' northern region (Val d'Oise) is appenrently fairly in a decrepit state
    That would make sense given that the studio was shut down by the new owners of the chateau in the mid 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    That would make sense given that the studio was shut down by the new owners of the chateau in the mid 80's.
    OK for the studio part, but letting the estate go to shreads (though that might be strong a word, I didn't go there and check it out either) is another thing...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

When Nektar recorded Recycled at that "studio" in 1975, it took a week of rewiring the French electrics and electronics (by Larry, Paul & Vinnie) in the main studio before the band could obtain the sound to lay down the base tracks for the album. We were there for three weeks when it could have been two, although I was thankful that it gave me that first week up in the "dorm" to quietly work out the side one lyrics with Mo.
    I gave it the nickname of "Chateau Horrorville"! (BTW, it was Elton John who had suggested we use it).
    Last edited by Mick; 08-08-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I gave it the nickname of "Chateau Horrorville"!
    I think it's in the liner notes of the Between The Ears compilation where it was mentioned that how much of a disarray the studio show, which I guess explains why Jethro Tull nicknamed it the Chateau D'saster.