Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Levin Minnemann Rudess: Brand New Band, Album Preview Video & Pre-order

Levin Minnemann Rudess: Brand New Band, Album Preview Video & Pre-order

Hi Everyone,

I’m thrilled to let you know about Levin Minnemann Rudess, a new power trio record from Lazy Bones Records, who previously brought you Levin Torn White. Tony Levin, Marco Minnemann and Jordan Rudess, together with producer Scott Schorr, have put together a blazing, incredibly diverse instrumental prog-fusion record that’s surely going to be of interest to a lot of you. Check out the video below for an extended (and hilarious) taste of what you can expect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I38N8XHJg8U

There’s also a cool, over-the-top, limited signed, deluxe edition available with extensive extras, including:

- 24 bit wav files
    - Exclusive Bonus Track
    - Tony and Jordan jamming in studio
    - Marco interview
    - Tony & Jordan interview
    - Outtakes/Additional Footage
    - Early home demo mixes by Marco

I had the pleasure of conducting the Marco interview for the special edition, somewhere in Marin country in between Steven Wilson gigs and Joe Satriani rehearsals. It’s pretty revealing and funny.

Everything you need to know is at the Levin Minnemann Rudess site here (there is an audio sampler there too): http://www.levinminnemannrudess.com

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention! Thought I was getting caught up and then this gold nugget comes along... .

Got the video queued up for when I get home, will check out the website then, as well.

Leo

Oh, now that's gonna be good!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

High octane talent. I'm there.

Autobuy. I've given up hope of a second Rudess-Morgenstein Project cd and this is about as close as I'm going to get.

I'm confident, with no hyperbole, that this album contains some of the finest music these guys have made.

BTW, if you want the special edition you better act quick. The big announcement comes tomorrow, so you all have an advance chance. They will disappear quickly once the DT base catches wind.

I should also mention I have no financial involvement or benefit. I just want to see these guys be successful.

Awesome news,

Just ordered my copy

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I hope that's not representative of the actual sound quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    They will disappear quickly once the DT base catches wind.
    I didn't think David Torn was involved this time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    I hope that's not representative of the actual sound quality.
    Exactly right, the deluxe edition contains 24-bit versions of the 64k YouTube stream!

Seriously, it sounds great. YouTube and online audio samplers are never a good indication of these things.

Seriously, it sounds great. YouTube and online audio samplers are never a good indication of these things.
    Obviously, but someone really screwed the pooch on the audio for this particular video. Listen to the same label's upload for the Levin/Torn/White promo. It sounds fine.

Couldn't prevent myself ordering this but ... ouch, that's an expensive deluxe album.

Looking forward to it,

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

BTW, if you want the special edition you better act quick. The big announcement comes tomorrow, so you all have an advance chance. They will disappear quickly once the DT base catches wind.
    Thank you for the head's up! I've put my order in.

Ordered the special edition. A little on the pricey side but that looks too good to resist! It's going to be a great fall for music.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Did my part....ordered my copy.....funny, I don't recall seeing this on the Levin Website.....but, then again, I think he has ignored his website of late in favor of Facebook....yuk.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

$29 is an expensive special edition? Are you serious?

This, in a world of $100-$300 special editions?

I think it's a bargain. Most acts would charge you $20 for 24-bit audio downloads alone.

A huge percentage sold in just 24 hours.
    Last edited by Innerviews; 08-12-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Tony has posted now. Consider yesterday's post an advance special for you guys.

And that one girl who's here too. ;-)

I think it's a bargain. Most acts would charge you $20 for 24-bit audio downloads alone.

If you don't want to get stuck with a jewel case single CD, you might want to consider ordering soon.
    LOL....I wasn't gonna be the one to say it

Yeah...even with shipping IMHO it was a very reasonable price for a deluxe edition.

Ummmm, I don't think a two-disc set would ever be priced at $300.

But you guys are right - from the looks of that bonus DVD, this IS a bargain. I order new music several times a week so I am forced to have a budget of some kind... when I see (total cost) $35 for one title I tend to notice. Didn't stop me from buying it. Thanks again for the heads up! I'm really looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Ummmm, I don't think a two-disc set would ever be priced at $300.
    Hows about a single disc for over $100? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foros_Timis_Ston_Greco

And no....I didn't buy it

More realistically speaking...the last Marillion album I think was about $60 for the deluxe edition which was the album as is, no bonus tracks, plus a DVD with a making of doc and nicer packaging.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Chad

If you don't want to get stuck with a jewel case single CD, you might want to consider ordering soon.
    There's no indication that the deluxe edition is limited (though you may know better). The first thousand are signed, but as I read it there could be any number beyond that which are not signed.

Obviously I'm grateful that you gave us the opportunity to get in on the signed edition, and I did bite, so clearly I didn't find it prohibitively expensive, but on the basis of what we know at the moment, I still say that it's on the pricey side, especially with international shipping.

Hadn't heard about this before. Were they hiding this project under cover? There were no signs of anything like this and suddenly there is an album. The first clip sounded great, about the rest I have mixed feelings. But it's interesting anyway.

Excellent, thanks for the heads up - the clip was fantastic and I will definitely add this to my must have list