Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: YESFEST - Camden, NJ on Aug. 3rd w/ YES, The Musical Box, Renaissance, & Carl Palmer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Interesting. All the Ticketmaster links I had seem to have been deactivated.

And furthermore, none of the press releases or web pages I saw listed UK as participating, only that announcement on the Nearfest mailing list.

I think the Nearfest mailing list folks are getting the pre-sale opportunity, that's the reason for the change. I'm sure Chad or Rob could comment, but maybe can't.

Banned

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I think the Nearfest mailing list folks are getting the pre-sale opportunity, that's the reason for the change. I'm sure Chad or Rob could comment, but maybe can't.
    True. The information that I posted to the NF mailing list came directly from LiveNation. However, I just received an email that the festival has been "unannounced" and that tickets will not be going on sale this week. More to come I'm sure.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    The comments every time a festival is held in a city (not a suburb but a city - i.e. NFest in Trenton, etc.) really drives home for me the point about just how white [literally and spiritually] most of the readers are, here on PE...
    but Prog fans ARE predominantly white and relatively middle class as are most of the artists. Have to say I didnt like Trenton one bit--had to go into the town bit for something and didnt get a good vibe at all.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    but Prog fans ARE predominantly white and relatively middle class as are most of the artists. Have to say I didnt like Trenton one bit--had to go into the town bit for something and didnt get a good vibe at all.
    Is this website about music? Maybe so, but the majority of posts seem to be about lame social statements.

I'm not sure where you heard UK I haven't heard that on either YES, Carl Palmer, or Live Nation. Would be cool though. And as for those calling it a cover band tribute show, really? If you're not interested mind your business. Yes is hardly a cover band just because Jon Anderson isn't there. If I had my choice I'd rather have him but Jon Davison is no Youtube sensation. He's a successful artist in his own right and Glass Hammer is an awesome band of which he is still a part. He was recommended to them by Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters and he fills the bill perfectly. Carl Palmer is probably one of the best Prog Rock drummers ever and Musical Box... Have you ever even heard of them? Sure, they're a cover band but if I put you in an auditorium and blindfolded you, you couldn't tell the difference between them and the real Genesis. Genesis members have actually played WITH them and commented that they are almost better than the real thing. In my opinion Rennaissance is a throw in for me and a good one at that.

As far as Camden is concerned, it is a dump but you'd never know it being at the Susqehanna Bank Center on the river. It's a great venue and it's going to be a fantastic show so if you don't have anything nice to say why bother???

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Just got some more info from the NEARfest mailing list:

YESFEST
    Saturday, August 3rd, 2013
    Susquehanna Bank Center
    Camden, NJ
    Doors open at 2:00pm

Line-up:
    Yes (performing The Yes Album and Close to the Edge in full quadraphonic sound)
    U.K.
    Renaissance
    The Musical Box (performing Foxtrot)
    Carl Palmer Band
    Plus an appearance from acclaimed artist and NEARfest alumnus Roger Dean!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatsonx View Post
    I'm not sure where you heard UK
    You quoted him - he heard it from the NEARFest mailing list.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Is this website about music? Maybe so, but the majority of posts seem to be about lame social statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatsonx View Post
    As far as Camden is concerned, it is a dump but you'd never know it being at the Susqehanna Bank Center on the river. It's a great venue and it's going to be a fantastic show so if you don't have anything nice to say why bother???
    I am not sure what why people do not understand simple thing...I do not go hiking to Syria, I am not go biking to Afganistan and I sure would get concerned attending the concert that is placed in what is considered a murder capitol of USA ...it has nothing to do with the social statements, social bias or any other political issue...it is all about my personal safety...

If you feel that people should not be worried to visit Camden please say so but do not call them names or question thier motivation...
    Last edited by Progmatic; 05-21-2013 at 02:25 PM.

I'd say it was a concern if there was massive crime among concert attendees, but you rarely hear of any crime committed at/during/after a show at the Susquehanna Center.

I get what you're saying, I just think you're a little misguided.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

According to the LiveNation website, tickets go on sale Friday at 10.

And it has been announced on the LiveNation website.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    You quoted him - he heard it from the NEARFest mailing list.
    Thank you for handling that one for me.

Got some more info from the mailing list this morning (from Chad):

The information that I sent out to you yesterday was given to me directly from a LiveNation promotions staff member. However, I just received an email that the festival has been "unannounced" and that tickets will *NOT* be going on sale this week.

More to come, I'm sure.
    and...

Since I've gotten a few emails to the effect, I want to make it clear that neither I nor Rob (nor Kevin for that matter) have anything to do with the organization or promotion of YesFest.

We were asked about our mailing list and I said that I would only help with an email blast if they gave our list members some sort of deal, hence the pre-sale code. If you have any questions about the show itself, please refer to the LiveNation website.

That said, as more information is sent to me from the promoter, I will pass it along.

Thanks!
    Chad

Banned
    This venue is gorgeous:

http://goo.gl/maps/obKYp

Quote Originally Posted by NotTheMama View Post
    To attribute such statements, even if they are consistent and numerous, to someone's whiteness is to express the same kind of bigotry that you are presuming others are engaging in.
    Bravo! You are absolutely right.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    To paraphrase Herman Melville: "It was the whiteness of the prog that above all things appalled me. But how can I hope to explain myself here; and yet, in some dim, random way, explain myself I must, else all these chapters might be naught."

I'm pretty sure this is where I saw Yes with Styx a couple of years ago. It's a good venue and there were no problems(other than Yes sucking that is). I don't think I'll be going to this but will be following it anyway. It will be interesting to see how well attended it will be and if having these other bands will hurt or help the attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    How can Renaissance be any more authentic when it has only one original member?
    My thoughts also. I would call this 4 tribute acts.

Rick

Actually Annie Haslam wasn't on the first two Renaissance albums so technically speaking................

Technically, the original Renaissance was a different band. But, we all know what I meant... this is Annie Haslem's tribute to Renaissance. Even with Dunford still there, it was still questionable, despite the fact most fans didn't seem to notice.

It's not even the classic line-up of The Musical Box

I wish there more cup half full people on this thread than cup half empty. This could be a great day out. I've been to the venue and its isolated from Camden proper and I've never experienced or heard of a problem there of any criminal nature. I hope the show goes on.

I would go if I lived closer...

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    I would go if I lived closer...
    Hi Beano. I have no idea where you are on Long Island but from where I am in Merrick it usually takes me under 2 and a half hours driving to get to Camden. But I do realize how big LI is. I've driven for almost 2 hours just to get from Merrick to Stephen's Talkhouse in Amagansett. For me a drive like that is worth it once and a while for a special type of show. At the moment I'm a bit puzzled about the "unannouncing" of this show though. And as to whether or not UK were ever participating?

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Technically, the original Renaissance was a different band. But, we all know what I meant... this is Annie Haslem's tribute to Renaissance. Even with Dunford still there, it was still questionable, despite the fact most fans didn't seem to notice.
    Believe me true fans noticed. I love hearing Annie's voice and I would have loved to at least seen Camp join this group, but it's still just nice hearing Annie sing the old songs.

Rick

Hey Eli, I'm in Huntington Station but really couldn't justify a drive to Camden(or any show over 5 hrs + R/T) unless it was a event like Rosfest or Nearfest..I am not crazy about driving at night anymore either..But I have my ticket for YES in July @ Westbury!!!

I got lost in Camden once and lived to tell about it.

I went ahead and put this on the Prog Fest Calendar, even though there is no official announcement about it. When I read it on YesWorld, then I'll know it's true.

I won't be able to attend Yes Fest. I am saving my money for Progday, which I still don't know if I can attend due to my new job.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain