Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend The Best Current Italian Prog

Any thoughts on the new Museo Rosenbach record ? I've seen mixed reviews for this one but Tom Hayes comments have me very interested.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    Any thoughts on the new Museo Rosenbach record ? I've seen mixed reviews for this one but Tom Hayes comments have me very interested.
    I think it is a very solid comeback. Of course it's not as good as the classic album, but it's still a very good album.

A live in Tokyo CD will follow the Maxophone one in a few weeks.

Il Castello di Atlante are working on a new Album Arx Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I think it is a very solid comeback. Of course it's not as good as the classic album, but it's still a very good album.
    I would agree, I was somewhat surprised how good I thought it was on the first few spins - I do need to revisit this ASAP

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    The best thing about it is Lupo. The man is a force of nature, how he can get better as a singer as he grows older seems to defy every law of physics. If you like that “prog meets Black Sabbath” thing that’s so hip right now for some reason, you’ll probably enjoy the music more than I did. (Not a BS fan, at all.) The keys struck me as cheesy in a 90s sort of way, very “Korg Workstation basic sample set.” Stiff drumming, too, probably because drummer Giancarlo Golzi has spent most of the intervening years in a pop group, Matia Bazar.

Much better is AlieNatura, the new album by Lupo’s other (former) band, Il Tempio delle Clessidre. It’s a marked improvement on their self-titled debut, and that album was excellent!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    The best thing about it is Lupo. The man is a force of nature, how he can get better as a singer as he grows older seems to defy every law of physics. If you like that “prog meets Black Sabbath” thing that’s so hip right now for some reason, you’ll probably enjoy the music more than I did. (Not a BS fan, at all.) The keys struck me as cheesy in a 90s sort of way, very “Korg Workstation basic sample set.” Stiff drumming, too, probably because drummer Giancarlo Golzi has spent most of the intervening years in a pop group, Matia Bazar.

Much better is AlieNatura, the new album by Lupo’s other (former) band, Il Tempio delle Clessidre. It’s a marked improvement on their self-titled debut, and that album was excellent!
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I do love my Sabbath so I can't see being turned off by that part of it.
    I do have Il Tempio Delle Clessidre's debut which I thought was a little inconsistant but still worth a 4 star rating, so I should check out their latest.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

And then there is this......

20140122_172345.jpg

Wifey is working Saturday and I want to get really deep in left field before I indulge in this

Double DVD with a recent show on one and 20 vintage clips on the other

A book w/ pics as well

Love these guys

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    And then there is this......

20140122_172345.jpg

Wifey is working Saturday and I want to get really deep in left field before I indulge in this

Double DVD with a recent show on one and 20 vintage clips on the other

A book w/ pics as well

Love these guys

BG
    On the way to me, hope it will be here soon. Please let me know what you think of it after your "do what ever I want weekend".

New Album by Abash coming soon (Yeah!)

abash.jpg

Please let me know what you think of it after your "do what ever I want weekend".
    I enjoyed this so much, I think you will love it!

The Naples 2012 show on disc one is an event, costumes, back drop movies, actors, everyone in make up, great guest stars, much like I imagine what they were doing in the early 70's from a presentation standpoint

Sophya Baccini guests on a couple of songs and she kills it - what a great voice

David Jax is, well, D Jax

I was mesmerized, honestly

The archival disc two is wonderful as well, however it is all lip synced appearances

Even with that it is such a trip to see these guys in action, in their stage get ups, on a variety of television appearances from 1971-8

I'd seen some of these but it's nice having them all together as a collection

The packaging is nice, it a small hardcover book, with a couple of slip compartments built in

Cool book but I was hoping for more 70's photos I hadn't seen

Picture quality is excellent on the recent show, Dolby 2 channel stereo sound, no surround option

Great, great first spin - going to bring it to my buds to check it out again tomorrow

BG

I enjoyed this so much, I think you will love it!

The Naples 2012 show on disc one is an event, costumes, back drop movies, actors, everyone in make up, great guest stars, much like I imagine what they were doing in the early 70's from a presentation standpoint

Sophya Baccini guests on a couple of songs and she kills it - what a great voice

David Jax is, well, D Jax

I was mesmerized, honestly

The archival disc two is wonderful as well, however it is all lip synced appearances

Even with that it is such a trip to see these guys in action, in their stage get ups, on a variety of television appearances from 1971-8

I'd seen some of these but it's nice having them all together as a collection

The packaging is nice, it a small hardcover book, with a couple of slip compartments built in

Cool book but I was hoping for more 70's photos I hadn't seen

Picture quality is excellent on the recent show, Dolby 2 channel stereo sound, no surround option

Great, great first spin - going to bring it to my buds to check it out again tomorrow

BG
    That sounds great, thank you.

My copy would be here by yesterday if it wern't send by some stupid courier service who refuse to leave parcels in the mail box or neighbours
    and who also do not work on Saturdays and don't have any place to collect it in person, totally nerve wrecking....

If ypo like Sophya Baccini be sure to get "Big Red Dragon" a mighty fine Album (and no hard rock elements as there where in Presence)

If ypo like Sophya Baccini be sure to get "Big Red Dragon" a mighty fine Album (and no hard rock elements as there where in Presence)
    I have that, and also Aradia, which I don't like as much - it's good stuff for sure!

Her voice is killer

Over the past few weeks some incredible Italian prog DVD's:

Premiata - In Classic
    Locanda - Live in Bloom
    Lanzetti - Vox 40
    Osanna - Tempo

All incredible testaments to the founding fathers of Prog Italiano

Amazing

BG

I have that, and also Aradia, which I don't like as much - it's good stuff for sure

Over the past few weeks some incredible Italian prog DVD's:

Premiata - In Classic
    Locanda - Live in Bloom
    Lanzetti - Vox 40
    Osanna - Tempo

All incredible testaments to the founding fathers of Prog Italiano

Amazing

BG
    Isn't the PFM one a bootleg?

I have the Locanda for some time but never found the time to watch it...

Vox 40 is in the same parcel as Tempo...

There is a DVD by Nuovo Idea coming soon (also by Black Widow as the Tempo DVD).
    Of course there will be also the Il Tempio delle Clessidre DVD soon (still with Galifi from Museo Rosenbach)

A DVD of the new Alphataurus will be out in February (same night as Locanda delle Fate)

Isn't the PFM one a bootleg?

I have the Locanda for some time but never found the time to watch it...

Vox 40 is in the same parcel as Tempo...

There is a DVD by Nuovo Idea coming soon (also by Black Widow as the Tempo DVD).
    Of course there will be also the Il Tempio delle Clessidre DVD soon (still with Galifi from Museo Rosenbach)

A DVD of the new Alphataurus will be out in February (same night as Locanda delle Fate)
    Yes, the PFM is a boot, but perfect quality, both sound and picture

The Locanda is to die for!

I'm a huge Nuova Era fan, do you know anything about what is included?

Is it 70's footage?

A concert or more lip synch?

: )

I have the audio from he Alphataurus show - GREAT performance as well, I'll certainly get that DVD

BG

Yes, the PFM is a boot, but perfect quality, both sound and picture

The Locanda is to die for!

I'm a huge Nuova Era fan, do you know anything about what is included?

Is it 70's footage?

A concert or more lip synch?

: )

I have the audio from he Alphataurus show - GREAT performance as well, I'll certainly get that DVD

BG
    Will watch the LdF DVD soon...

It's a "Nuova Idea" DVD (the band from the 70s) not "Nuova Era" (from the 80s)...

In the case you meant Nuova Idea it will most likley contain stuff from

Two modern day shows with "Paolo Siani and Friends featuring Nuovo Idea" (with all former members I think, and lots of guests)
    Some lip sync stuff from RAI Italy
    A documentary

The Alphataurus will also have a CD with 3 Long live tracks (likley 70s recordings (not sure here) and a alternative version of a second album studio track)

In the case you meant Nuova Idea

Been a long party here, yes, Idea : )

BG

From Black Widow site (via Google Translator)

Three hours for a complete anthology
    one of the groups that founded the movement in Italian Prog : New Idea ; racccolti this DVD in the
    images of the last two concerts of Verona ( 01/12/2012 ) and Genoa -Sestri
    ( 21/10/2011 ) with the participation of all components of this historical
    great band , the original video Rai recorded in the years ' 70 ( "Wake Edgar ," " How , What, How ," " Mr. E. Jones ," " So will ", " Illusions by Little " ) interview
    Paolo Siani who has recently reorganized
    New Idea also presenting an album '' Castle , Wings, Stories and
    Dreams '' which was a collaboration of several musicians fundamental
    Italian Prog Rock such as Mauro Pagani , Joe Vescovi and many others , and finally a
    collection of recent photos and vintage . " How, how , how" and " My Choice "
    from the album " In the beginning ", " Illusions recently " from " Mr. E. Jones , "
    " Hourglass " and " An island from" Clowns "," will make it " for the first time presented
    live and yet almost all of the tracks from " Castles , Wings, Stories and Dreams "

Thank you!

BG

There maybe be also a Rovescio della Medaglia DVD soon (from a Show in Tokyo last year)
    This one was anounced as a 2CD but the original limeted japanese package was (single)CD/DVD

So what say you Mr H?

Have your goodies arrived, and have you watched?

The Osanna DVD was almost even better on the second watch, to the point I honestly had chest pains the following morning

I have the new Maxophone - Live in Tokyo on the schedule later this evening

BG

So what say you Mr H?

Have your goodies arrived, and have you watched?

The Osanna DVD was almost even better on the second watch, to the point I honestly had chest pains the following morning

I have the new Maxophone - Live in Tokyo on the schedule later this evening

BG
    After a couple of phone calls and a numbers of days gone my parcel finally arrived. Had no time to watch it yet.

Heard about half of the Maxophone live, and it's really great. Fat organ Sound and Kind of rockin.

Also like the new Track "Guardian Angel", that one sounds a lot like Gentle Giant.

After a couple of phone calls and a numbers of days gone my parcel finally arrived. Had no time to watch it yet.

Heard about half of the Maxophone live, and it's really great. Fat organ Sound and Kind of rockin.

Also like the new Track "Guardian Angel", that one sounds a lot like Gentle Giant.
    The Maxaphone kicks ass!

Just had my first spin, this is clearly another winner

What a run of late for the Italian greats

BG