Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Insomnia thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    One of the problems with regular headphones is trying to fall asleep on your side, but those look great...Thanks!
    Check out my solo project prog band, Mutiny in Jonestown at https://mutinyinjonestown.bandcamp.com/

Check out my solo project progressive doom metal band, WytchCrypt at https://wytchcrypt.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Then again if you have access to a big fattie........yea I would go with that
    Fixed that for ya.

My wife has restless leg syndrome too and to be honest…….it impacts me more than it does her. She can still sleep like a log, but will kick in the bed…….usually me! But, she it does not wake her up, she sleeps right through it. Her father had the same problem. He had it so bad that he and his wife ended up sleeping in separate beds.

Steve Sly
    Was just talking about RLS with my parents the other day, and my mother mentioned that she heard that putting a bar of soap under the sheets somehow cures this. Of course, I think this is insane, but she swore that it was true. Maybe a Google search might provide some insight? I figured it was worth a shot...
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Was just talking about RLS with my parents the other day, and my mother mentioned that she heard that putting a bar of soap under the sheets somehow cures this. Of course, I think this is insane, but she swore that it was true. Maybe a Google search might provide some insight? I figured it was worth a shot...
    I've heard of this a few times before. Guesses were the sleeper needed some traction running in a dream or something like that. They say it works, yeah it makes no sense to me, but so easy to try !

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Mmm.......never heard that one. My wife thinks that Vitamin B helps. The company I work for actually makes a perscription drug for RLS that is supposedly the first of it's kind. She has not tried it.

Actually, the best thing we ever did was get a King Size bed a little over a year ago. She can kick away all night and all it disturbs is the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Fixed that for ya.

Music helps me fall asleep, it helps me to get going and it keeps me going.

Music, not love is the answer.

to tell you the truth (never proof), since oficially the 14 years old and unnofficially since 4, following all people consuming nukes around (lol)... I've never got any kind of innsomia, headache or whatever sort of problem related,,,lol, I've always thought that to sleep 5 min inmediately, drying a glass of whisky is the best...lol kind

Quote Originally Posted by highaltitude View Post
    to tell you the truth (never proof), since oficially the 14 years old and unnofficially since 4, following all people consuming nukes around (lol)... I've never got any kind of innsomia, headache or whatever sort of problem related,,,lol, I've always thought that to sleep 5 min inmediately, drying a glass of whisky is the best...lol kind
    My wife is like that. She can sleep anyplace anytime anywhere. I envy you both.

God Bless You, thank you very much....lol
    My wife is like that. She can sleep anyplace anytime anywhere. I envy you both.