Thread: Niacin

The Enemy God

Niacin

Just getting in to this amazing band who somehow don’t seem to have as much presence in Prog circles as their music would suggest . Does anyone have recommendations from the catalogue . The debut seems to be a must have . Maybe they are not fusion or Prog but a bit of both. From what I ‘ve heard a fabulous band .

I have 3 of their albums. Favorite is Time Crunch.

Only six albums (and one live), so I'd get 'em all! My favorite is Organik. It's already been over a decade since the last one, Krush. I guess it's up to John Novello if they ever do another.

I have their live in Tokyo DVD. Great from start to finish.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Organik !

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Only six albums (and one live), so I'd get 'em all! My favorite is Organik. It's already been over a decade since the last one, Krush. I guess it's up to John Novello if they ever do another.
    Next time we hang with Dennis at a friend's I'll ask him if they plan on doing any more.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Were they not talking about a new album and tour a few years back? Maybe Covid stopped it, or maybe I'm just mis-remembering.

Neil

^^ Not to mention Billy Sheehan is a busy, much in demand bassist.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I have 3 of their cds. Very energetic progressive music. I pull one out every once in a while and still enjoy them. Very talented trio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John said they would be recording another album and touring some years ago. I really hope so. I’ve never seen the band live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Next time we hang with Dennis at a friend's I'll ask him if they plan on doing any more.
    Any intel is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    John said they would be recording another album and touring some years ago. I really hope so. I’ve never seen the band live.
    Cool, I hope so, too!

I traded with Billy Sheehan some bootlegs from Niacin that he didn't have. He send me a signed dvd from Vai's show at the Astoria as a gift.And he put me on the guest list for their show in Belgium.Had a nice talk with him afterwards (most people wanted to see Vai , ha ha).I also send the boots to John Novello , but they never arrived.I can only hope they record some new music , or release a more recent live dvd...

I like the frenetic Time Crunch and Organik. The earlier ones are a bit more tame, don't really grab me. Got to see them at The Bottom Line in NYC in 2002.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...