Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dixie Dregs 2024 tour

Dixie Dregs 2024 tour

Pretty exciting to see they are back out there again. Being reported that Allen Sloan is back on violin.

From their website:

The First of four segments currently in planning, covering the US with a series of 7-8 days in each. We can’t wait to deliver this to you, check back here for updates!

Steve Davidowski, our beloved ‘Owski’, has retired from touring with us and will be focusing on new recordings of his own original (and I mean ‘original’!) material. Will post something here when we can all hear it!

Incredible but true, Jorden Rudess will be tackling this awesome music on keyboards for these dates! And we will be doing a significant amount of Dregs songs we did not cover on our last tour, including the #1 request “I’m Freaking out!”

Steve Morse Andy West Rod Morgenstein

I saw this last night. Dope! Is there a new album, or are they touring just to get out there?

The eons are closing
    So who will be in the lineup for the featured guest "Steve Morse Band" ? Anyone know there? Aside from the obvious...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    So who will be in the lineup for the featured guest "Steve Morse Band" ? Anyone know there? Aside from the obvious...
    Dave LaRue and Van Romaine.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Eric View Post
    Dave LaRue and Van Romaine.
    Sweet!
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Wow. I hope they come through my town too.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What size venues are they playing? Any announced yet. I could sort of see them playing the Beacon Theater in NYC, but maybe they'd play somewhere smaller. Never seen Dregs, that would be fun!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I enjoyed the reunion of a few years back at the Wilbur in Boston.

Wow, I wish this would come to the UK but no chance of that

Variety Playhouse is probably 200-300 seats.

Awesome!

I thought Mr. Morse had physical issues at one point affecting his ability to play.... perhaps i heard that wrong. This is excellent news in any case! Thanks for the heads up
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

I saw them in 1980 or 1981 in Athens, Ohio (Ohio University) at their Springfest. Haven't seen them since, but if they came to Cleveland on this tour, I just might go.

Quote Originally Posted by Polypet View Post
    I thought Mr. Morse had physical issues at one point affecting his ability to play.... perhaps i heard that wrong. This is excellent news in any case! Thanks for the heads up
    I saw Steve Morse Band last April. He did okay. There was a 15-20 min intermission for him to ice up.
    It was surprising to see a double bill like that. The Dregs have other lead instruments to give Steve a break so it might be just fine.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

He has had to change, e.g. using more elbow and less wrist. But, he says heis willing to play through the pain, while he can.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Eric View Post
    He has had to change, e.g. using more elbow and less wrist. But, he says heis willing to play through the pain, while he can.
    In other words see him before he has to give it up. Good to hear they are going out again. One great band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather have a two set Dregs show..., SMB will dilute the headliner imo.

Plus, Steve is in pain, why the torture?
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    I would rather have a two set Dregs show..., SMB will dilute the headliner imo.

Plus, Steve is in pain, why the torture?
    It seems kind of obvious that he wants to tour both acts and play music with both.

Hoping for a NorCal appearance.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Hoping for a NorCal appearance.
    Make it so!!!

I thought that Steve Morse had retired from touring to take care of his wife when he left Deep Purple. Guess I heard wrong...count me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTG8 View Post
    I thought that Steve Morse had retired from touring to take care of his wife when he left Deep Purple. Guess I heard wrong...count me confused.
    He retired from DP, which took up a lot of time, but he seems to have some time to do smaller scale projects.

In the interview with Rick Beato he talked about some different picking techniques he was using to deal with it. I'm not a guitarist so I can't really explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTG8 View Post
    You heard right.

By the time I found out they were playing Atlanta, they had already been and gone.

I'll be keeping an eye on this in the hope they come nearby. What If, DotE, and Unsung Heroes were staples in my collection in college. For me they were a great cross between RtF and Kansas, and on a par compositionally with anything else out there. Never got to see them live though, and thought with SM's physical ailments that the chance was gone forever.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.