Thread: Ween's prog rock songs

Ween's prog rock songs

I'll start:

The Argus

"Buckingham Green"

The Argus is my wife's favorite song.

I'll chime in with the entire suite: The Stallion.
    Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

I’ll be watching this thread with interest. Ween is one of my daughter’s favorite bands, but I haven’t explored much of their catalog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -noisynoise
    www.polarizedguru.com - 5-piece jazz fusion group
    www.incandescentsky.com - inventive improvisational instrumental ensemble

"Mutilated Lips"

"Transdermal Celebration"

Also, Devin Townsend did a kick-ass cover.

Quebec is their finest and most proggiest moment for me. then the Pod. I never liked The Mollusk as much as other folk

song: Taste the Waste. and of course Demon Sweat is their stated tribute to Face Value era Phil Collins

I grew up around these two and attended several parties at the big old farmhouse where they moved after The Pod

the best party by far was a New Year's Eve show. Aaron made the guacamole. this party was to have a band play and indeed it was Ween with Andrew Weiss, false front (the other guys whom lived in the house, featuring Guy also in Moist Boyz) and weirdly, En Esch from KFMDM. he was playing with Pigface at that time and Martyn Atkins was indeed located in Trenton at that time.

so . . . it's like 11:35 and the turntable goes onto a record. it's Meddle and 'One of These Days' blasting through the PA. onto the rest of the album. as the first side ends, it's also the countdown to New Years Eve! . . . . and the full 12 member band launches into 'Echoes'

TIMED PERFECTLY

you can see the LP jacket on the stereo console in the Push th Little Daisies video

this is my Ween story (one of them)

Quote Originally Posted by revelogicPA View Post
    Quebec is their finest and most proggiest moment for me. then the Pod. I never liked The Mollusk as much as other folk

song: Taste the Waste. and of course Demon Sweat is their stated tribute to Face Value era Phil Collins

I grew up around these two and attended several parties at the big old farmhouse where they moved after The Pod

the best party by far was a New Year's Eve show. Aaron made the guacamole. this party was to have a band play and indeed it was Ween with Andrew Weiss, false front (the other guys whom lived in the house, featuring Guy also in Moist Boyz) and weirdly, En Esch from KFMDM. he was playing with Pigface at that time and Martyn Atkins was indeed located in Trenton at that time.

so . . . it's like 11:35 and the turntable goes onto a record. it's Meddle and 'One of These Days' blasting through the PA. onto the rest of the album. as the first side ends, it's also the countdown to New Years Eve! . . . . and the full 12 member band launches into 'Echoes'

TIMED PERFECTLY

you can see the LP jacket on the stereo console in the Push th Little Daisies video

this is my Ween story (one of them)
    Well that's one hellava first post. Tell more anytime.

I don't know those songs but I remember a couple of prog-adjacent ones, "Right To The Ways And The Rules Of The World" (reminds me of "Space Oddity" era Bowie) and "Don't Get Too Close To My Fantasy" (hilarious Styx-style acapella chorus at the end).