Thread: Close to the Edge: A Symphonic Rendering

Close to the Edge: A Symphonic Rendering

(There's a bit of Within You Without You thrown in too.)

Notes from the YT page:

This was worked up over a period of a month. Only two instruments were employed: a Schecter Diamond Series bass, while all the rest were performed through various patches on a Roland Juno-DS, layered in 32 tracks on Music Creator 7.

Written by Steve Howe and Jon Anderson.

The arrangement, performance, and all production—both audio and video—by Michael Carlucci.
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

Anywhere to download this?

Quote Originally Posted by yodathedog View Post
    Anywhere to download this?
    You can always grab the audio off YouTube. There are numerous ways to do that.
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

Thank you for listening to this and finding it worthy of posting!

And You and I (upcoming)

Just a "heads up":
    For those who've enjoyed my orchestral cover offering that Batchman so graciously posted above; I'm presently working on another symphonic treatment of "And You & I". Official postings on my SoundCloud page and YouTube page are forthcoming. Once again, I thank you for listening! Also, I'd like to mention that none of this is being posted/created for profit. I've not monetized anything offered on either page. It's all being created and presented as a labor of love, not profit. Please feel free to download if you are moved to do so.

PS: I have an audio excerpt clip of the work thus far I could post, but I haven't figured out a way of including it (if at all possible) in this message.
    Last edited by Michael-Carlucci; 09-25-2023 at 09:40 AM. Reason: link

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Really impressive!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

To be honest, to me it sounds like you took a midifile and assigned sounds to it. There are no dynamics, the rhythm is quantized, the feeling and tension are totally absent. Sorry to be negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    To be honest, to me it sounds like you took a midifile and assigned sounds to it. There are no dynamics, the rhythm is quantized, the feeling and tension are totally absent. Sorry to be negative.
    I don't know why you post that negative shit. Show some respect to the OP. If you have nothing to say, just don't say it.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

1.I said sorry to be negative.

2. Am I entitled a opinion of my own here?

3. It's not "negative shit", just the way I hear it.

4. Have a nice day.

1.I said sorry to be negative.

2. Am I entitled a opinion of my own here?

3. It's not "negative shit", just the way I hear it.

4. Have a nice day.
    It's not my cup of tea either, you have the absolute right to say it how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Progtastic View Post
    It's not my cup of tea either, you have the absolute right to say it how you feel.
    I agree but so do I.

The Juno-DS waverom is pretty low tech IMO. This rendition would've sounded miles better had it been done using modern virtual orchestral libraries like Vienna, EastWest or even OrchestraTools.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I agree but so do I.
    Why did you feel offended in the first place? I commented on the music which as far as I understand has nothing to do with you or does it?

Just asking, not trying to start a war....

Why did you feel offended in the first place? I commented on the music which as far as I understand has nothing to do with you or does it?

Just asking, not trying to start a war....
    I seldom, if ever, make a comment like I did to you. I just thought the original poster was enthusiastic with his new music and wanted to share it with our community. I sort of felt bad for him. No offence to you.

I seldom, if ever, make a comment like I did to you. I just thought the original poster was enthusiastic with his new music and wanted to share it with our community. I sort of felt bad for him. No offence to you.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read this thread the OP isn't the one who created the music, that Michael Carlucci (see posts #4 and #5).

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read this thread the OP isn't the one who created the music, that Michael Carlucci (see posts #4 and #5).
    That changes my perspective a lot. I thought the poster was offending the originator of the music. I'd have ignored it otherwise. I likely overreacted. It's really not my style.

That changes my perspective a lot. I thought the poster was offending the originator of the music. I'd have ignored it otherwise. I likely overreacted. It's really not my style.
    Maybe you have some withdrawal symptoms from your DVD-habbit. After all, Friday is a long way ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Maybe you have some withdrawal symptoms from your DVD-habbit. After all, Friday is a long way ahead.