Thread: Nektar “Remember The Future” 4CD/Blu-Ray Box Set Released November 24, 2023

Nektar “Remember The Future” 4CD/Blu-Ray Box Set Released November 24, 2023

Prog Legends Nektar “Remember The Future” 4CD/Blu-Ray Box Set Released November 24, 2023

A NEW 4CD / BLU RAY BOXED SET 50th ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF THIS CLASSIC ALBUM.

NEWLY REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES

FEATURING NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND AND STEREO MIXES OF THE ALBUM ALONG WITH A PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED LIVE CONCERT FROM JANUARY 1974, THE 1973 QUAD MIX AND ADDITIONAL VIDEO CONTENT OF THE REMEMBER THE FUTURE PROMOTIONAL FILM, THE FILM OF WINGS FOR BBC TVs OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST AND THE LIVE PERFORMANCE OF “DESOLATION VALLEY / WAVES” FOR THE TV SHOW.

WITH ILLUSTRATED BOOKLET AND NEW ESSAY

First released in November 1973, the album was a conceptual piece comprising a musical cycle divided into two parts and was recorded at Chipping Norton Studios in England. “Remember the Future” became the band’s most successful album, being a chart hit in Germany, but also reaching number 13 on the US Billboard charts without the band having ever toured America. It was a pivotal album for the band and broke them to a wider audience and remains one of Nektar’s most well-known and highly regarded works.

This 50th Anniversary edition comprises 4 CDs and a multi-region Blu Ray disc and features a newly remastered original stereo mix of the album along with and additional two CDs featuring a previously unreleased concert recorded at the Stadthalle, Munster, Germany in January 1974 and stunning new 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo mixes of the album from the original multi track tapes. Also included on the Blu ray disc are the original 1973 Quad mix and additional video content comprising of the rare “Remember the Future” promotional film, the film of “Wings” shown on BBC TVs Old Grey Whistle Test and a live performance of “Desolation Valley / Waves” for the same TV show.

TRACK LISTING

DISC ONE
    Remember the Future – The 50th Anniversary remaster
    1 Remember the Future Part One
    2 Remember the Future Part Two
    Bonus track
    3 Let it Grow (Live Erbach, Germany April 1973)

DISC TWO
    Remember the Future – The 50th Anniversary stereo remix
    1 Remember the Future Part One
    2 Remember the Future Part Two
    Bonus tracks
    3 Lonely Roads (German promo single version)
    4 Let it Grow (German promo single version)

DISC THREE
    Live at Stadthalle, Munster, Germany 28th January 1974
    Previously unreleased
    1 King of Twilight
    2 Desolation Valley
    3 A Day in the Life of a Preacher
    4 Cast Your Fate

DISC FOUR
    Live at Stadthalle, Munster, Germany 28th January 1974
    Previously unreleased
    1 Odyssee
    2 That’s Life
    3 Fidgety Queen
    4 Ron’s On
    5 Show Me the Way
    6 Little Boy
    7 Need Love
    8 Smile / Lonely Roads
    9 Let it Grow

DISC FIVE
    Remember the Future
    96 kHz / 24-bit 5.1 Surround Sound mix / stereo remix / original stereo mix / 1973 Quad mix
    1 Remember the Future – Part One
    2 Remember the Future – Part Two
    Visual content
    1 Remember the Future – (promotional film 1973)
    2 Wings (BBC TV “Old Grey Whistle Test” – 10th July 1973)
    3 Desolation Valley / Waves (BBC TV “Old Grey Whistle Test” – 23rd October 1973)

To pre-order: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/...u-ray-box-set/

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, Billy James, PH: 828-350-8158, glassonyonpr@gmail.com

The eons are closing
    See - I've never owned this - so this exactly the type of small set that I value.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ Great, you need it! Alas, I've bought this album a couple times before, and will probably need to buy this one as well...!

I've bought the album multiple times on multiple media types ("Remember the First Time"), but interested in the live performances. I'll have to check to see if I have the videos of their performances from previous releases.

I just got this today, very nicely done, tour poster from 73, nice booklet with some new photos from the 1973 photo shoot for the album. Disc 3 has RTF side 1 following Cast your Fate which is NOT mentioned in the post .The remixes are another added touch to great album. Highly recommended. It will take a few days to digest. Looking forward to the spring tour 2024!!! The live disc is hot, the band is very tight.
    Thinking is the best way to Travel....

I do not understand why the live discs don't actually have anything from RtF on them...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    I do not understand why the live discs don't actually have anything from RtF on them...
    Read the post before yours again. There’s an omission in the track listing.

Correct, the live disc has RTF part one after Cast your Fate and don't forget Smile/Lonely Roads is Tomorrow Never Comes/Path of Light from RTF. Why they changed the name of songs after 30/40 years I do not know. Maybe Mo can shed some light on the subject. Also the writing credits has changed again giving Mick credit for RTF. apparently Mick wrote most of the lyrics for album. I wish they would have given the 50th anniversary edition the original song titles, I bought this album in Aug 1974 and I still refer to the original titles. Still, a very nice treatment for a special LP.
    Thinking is the best way to Travel....

Quote Originally Posted by richt View Post
    Correct, the live disc has RTF part one after Cast your Fate and don't forget Smile/Lonely Roads is Tomorrow Never Comes/Path of Light from RTF. Why they changed the name of songs after 30/40 years I do not know. Maybe Mo can shed some light on the subject. Also the writing credits has changed again giving Mick credit for RTF. apparently Mick wrote most of the lyrics for album. I wish they would have given the 50th anniversary edition the original song titles, I bought this album in Aug 1974 and I still refer to the original titles. Still, a very nice treatment for a special LP.
    I received my copy a week or so ago... very well done but they couldn't locate a live a version of side 2 of Remember the Future from that tour. They must have played it on that tour... just my 2 cents. Could they not played it? Seems like a glaring omission if so.

According to a review just posted on PA, "Remember the Future" is "a concept album about a blind boy who can communicate with an extraterrestrial being known as Bluebird." Really? I didn't even know it was a concept album! But then, I never paid any attention to the lyrics - based on the title, I just assumed it was sort of hippy nonsense in the vein of Jon Anderson's lyrics. And maybe it is, but I didn't know there was a story there. The album cover wasn't much help either. I'll have to check the liner notes and lyrics and see what I've been missing.