Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1619

Thread: New YES studio album- Mirror to the Sky

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I'm sorry for those who definitively claim the album is excellent. I have bought every Yes album so keep an open mind. I bought The Quest and it was dreadfall. MTTS isn't much better. Please accept this opinion even if you disagree.
    Count me as one who fully accepts your opinion, mozo-pg, which you are absolutely entitled to. For me, I've come to very much like this album, and love the title track. It took repeat listens, but once it landed, it moved in with all its baggage.

PE is a message board. When you state an opinion, someone might disagree with you and tell you so. Kind of how it works.

Seems no one is giving love to Jay Schellen, so I wanna do that. I think his drumming is a pretty big part of what makes the playing on this album the most the band has gelled in quite a while—maybe since “The Ladder.”. I’ve been focusing on his playing, and it’s more complex than you’d think and always strong and in the pocket.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Count me as one who fully accepts your opinion, mozo-pg, which you are absolutely entitled to. For me, I've come to very much like this album, and love the title track. It took repeat listens, but once it landed, it moved in with all its baggage.
    Thanks. I have no concern if someone disagrees with my opinion but I get concerned with those who post it as fact. Some do that. I have no concerns if folks find this album to be of high quality. I have no concerns about the current line up and wouldn't hesitate to see them. I actually think the title track is strong. The rest of the album doesn't click. I still have the CD so may revisit at some point in the future.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I’m still playing it about once every 7-10 days. Overall it exceeded my expectations and it’s an album I would rather have than not have. It’s nowhere near the worst or the best. It’s a reasonably listenable record with some decent tunes on it. It’s probably about the best that can realistically be expected from Yes as currently configured.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

Announced today:

Yes have announced that they will release a new limited 2CD and Blu-ray Digipak edition of latest album Mirror To The Sky through InsideOut Music on April 5.

The new version of the album features the full album, plus a new Blu-ray including Dolby Atmos, 5.1 Surround Sound & Instrumental Mixes of the album.

"I am very much looking forward to sharing with you our most recent album Mirror To The Sky through the enhanced sound of Dolby Atmos," says singer Jon Davison. "Much love and care went into creating these mixes, the result offering a more rewarding and fully immersive audio experience which in my opinion is ideal for Yes music.”

And a new edited version of the title track, with a lyric video:

What restraint! Waiting almost a whole year before asking us to buy it again!
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Hey, I appreciate the opportunity to pass on it twice in less than a year.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Hey, I appreciate the opportunity to pass on it twice in less than a year.

Ditto - except I bought it once (too many).
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 02-24-2024 at 10:00 AM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

That's not really fair. It's obviously for people who haven't bought it a first time. Allow bands to promote their music.

edit: apologies for confrontational tone here
    Last edited by auxfnx; 02-23-2024 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by auxfnx View Post
    That's not really fair. It's obviously for people who haven't bought it a first time. Allow bands to promote their music.
    Yes, allowing them to spend X times more than those who bought the album when it first came out.
    What we feel we have to solve is why the dregs have not dissolved.

Gonna disagree with you here. How is it "obvious?"
    I think Yes fans who are still on board with the band have already bought the release. And I think these super deluxe re-releases are clearly aimed at the fan, and not the casual listener/music buyer.
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

It wouldn't surprise me if this was being driven more by InsideOut than Yes themselves, although I'm sure the band is willing to play ball and promote it.

I am one of those crazy folks who actually LIKES the album but this is an easy pass for me. I like it, don't need to double-dip it
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Poor old Yes.

Yeah, it's pretty good--I own the original release on CD, and I find it the best thing they've done since, maybe, Magnification. I don't need more of the same though..
    "And this is the chorus.....or perhaps it's a bridge...."

Allow bands to promote their music.
    They are allowed to, as you can see. Nobody here is stopping them simply by offering their own views on what's being presented to them.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Looks like this is just the blu ray from the super deluxe edition? I’m sure many who will complain about this complained that there was no separate release of the blu ray without having to buy vinyl back when it was first released.

So I say good form to make it more available.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    Looks like this is just the blu ray from the super deluxe edition?
    The blurb says it's something new. Did the old blu-ray have the instrumental mixes? (I only bought the vanilla CD.)

The blurb says it's something new. Did the old blu-ray have the instrumental mixes? (I only bought the vanilla CD.)
    Yep contents seem exactly the same Dolby 5.1 Atmos and instrumentals.

I find it hard to believe they would have done a new mix. Maybe just presuming anyone interested wouldn’t have realized the blu existed before?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You'll never stop Yes!

Though I see a few of you trying to, in rather feeble and ineffective ways.

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    Yep contents seem exactly the same Dolby 5.1 Atmos and instrumentals.

I find it hard to believe they would have done a new mix. Maybe just presuming anyone interested wouldn’t have realized the blu existed before?
    Yeah, this is just a cheaper option if you want the extra material, but it isn't new.

The only new thing is the edit of "Mirror to the Sky" as a promo single for this and the European tour.
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Yeah, this is just a cheaper option if you want the extra material, but it isn't new.

The only new thing is the edit of "Mirror to the Sky" as a promo single for this and the European tour.
    I actually quite like that edit, it brings more focus to the best and most Yes-y parts.

Well, I was wrong. I thought, from the blurb, that this was a reissue with extra content added to sell it again to people who had already bought it. If it's just a simple reissue, that's fine--I'm all for stuff being kept in print.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    You'll never stop Yes!

Though I see a few of you trying to, in rather feeble and ineffective ways.
    You'll never stop a Yes thread - 64 pages after 13 months - not bad!
    Maybe we should start speculating about the next album