Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anglagard - new lineup and touring 2023

Anglagard - new lineup and touring 2023

Sorry if this was already posted, didn't see it. Anglagard has regrouped with a new lineup and some dates for this year for the 30th anniversary of Hybris. No mention of any recordings yet. Well.. I feel old now

ÄNGLAGÅRD line-up Live 2023. From left,
    Staffan Lindroth - Keyboards.
    Jonas Engdegård - Electric and acoustic guitars.
    Mattias Olsson - Drums and Percussion.
    Johan Brand - Bass & Bass pedals.
    Oskar Forsberg - Flutes and Saxophone, Keyboard.
    Photo, Alar Suurna.

323449358_6631173576898360_8771484388015817758_n.jpg

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Any chance for America?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Huge and wonderful news.

The eons are closing
    That is fairly sweet!
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Looks who's back! I like!

Would love to get recordings of some of the "new stuff" (now a few years old) but as there were vocals, maybe that isn't happening until the 50th anniversary archival box set.

Wow, Tord Lindman and Anna Holmgren are both out then?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I guess the fact that Mattias and Tord haven’t been in a line-up of the band together in 29 years suggests there might be a personal or musical incompability there… Just speculating. I am surprised that Anna is no longer there, though. That’s a first.

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    I guess the fact that Mattias and Tord haven’t been in a line-up of the band together in 29 years suggests there might be a personal or musical incompability there… Just speculating. I am surprised that Anna is no longer there, though. That’s a first.
    Yeah, I never saw any kind of announcement about that, but then their social media is pretty hit and miss (I think Mattias is the most frequent poster, and that tends to be outside of the band pages). So it would seem Anna and Linus (himself Thomas Johnson's replacement) have both been replaced, and with Tord leaving, they are simply dropping down to a one guitarist format.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Mattias in...(yay!)

Anna out...(boo!)

Excited nevertheless.

I am waiting for next year's news where both Jonas Engdegård's Änglagård and Anna Holmgren's Änglagård are touring separately.

if anna's not there, who's gonna play the balloons?

Progtoberfest has been said to be returning this year; if so, Matthias has played there before, so it could be a natural. Let's see. Either way, good news, although sad about the two that are no longer with them.

Neil

No vocals?
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    No vocals?
    You listen to Anglagard for vocals?!?!?

Seriously, I'm sure that if they are doing Hybris, somebody will sing those parts.

Neil

My guess is the last lineup must have basically drifted apart/ended, as they haven't done anything for a while before this announcement.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    This is pretty exciting news!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I would say no chance in hell for America

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    Any chance for America?
    The fact that Mattias comes to the US fairly often gives me hope! He’s been dropping mentions of the band regrouping in his Bandcamp messages. I’d suggest to anyone interested to follow Molesome on Bandcamp so you get his updates there.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    They did do a short tour a few years ago over here. No way it came close to breaking even though.

^ Really? Wondering how I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    I wouldn't know about the travel difficulties in the world of 2023, but with Progtoberfest hopefully happening this year, I'd say that there is, at least a chance. Wobbler was booked from Norway, and Matthias came there before with Necromonkey. And perhaps if Progday returns to international band bookings this year...but again, I'd say it depends on the state of international travel and bookings. If it has gotten exponentially more difficult to get out of country bands to North America, then you could well be right.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    They did do a short tour a few years ago over here. No way it came close to breaking even though.
    I saw them at the New Jersey Proghouse back in 2015, but it was billed as their only US appearance.

Neil

They played in Quebec City back in 2017 a few days before their ROSfest appearance, and I believe they played another gig or two before going back home.

Good to have any kind of news about them in general. Their Rosfest show was great imo and was second only to PFM for that festival (again imo).
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I saw them at the New Jersey Proghouse back in 2015, but it was billed as their only US appearance.

Neil
    Ahh yeah that was what I was thinking of. For some reason I thought there were more shows.

The proghouse gig was great though