Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: OptiquesJeff... Difficult health news..

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My best wishes for you and Jeff. I think it's very healthy to post your struggles on PE. There is obviously a lot of people who care.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    My best wishes for you and Jeff. I think it's very healthy to post your struggles on PE. There is obviously a lot of people who care.
    Thanks... I know that people do care here, and we appreciate all of the love and support during this very difficult time.. xoxo

UPDATE: Jeff is in the hospital again. He was especially weak today, so I took him to Jefferson. Good thing, because his white cell count is extremely high and he is running a fever. They did some bloodwork, CT, and MRI to diagnose where there may be an infection. He's getting IV fluids, too, since he is dehydrated again. Should have more news tomorrow..

Sending out strength for you both, Cyndee. I hope Jeff is feeling better now that he's getting the fluids that he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by VickiLynn View Post
    Sending out strength for you both, Cyndee. I hope Jeff is feeling better now that he's getting the fluids that he needs.
    Thank you Vicki...He looks about the same, but at least he's eating right now..

We should have more info in a few hours...

Thanks for keeping us updated, Cyndee.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by ViolinCyndee View Post
    UPDATE: Jeff is in the hospital again. He was especially weak today, so I took him to Jefferson. Good thing, because his white cell count is extremely high and he is running a fever. They did some bloodwork, CT, and MRI to diagnose where there may be an infection. He's getting IV fluids, too, since he is dehydrated again. Should have more news tomorrow..
    Is he still in the hospital? Are they going to let him go home today/tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Is he still in the hospital? Are they going to let him go home today/tonight?
    He cannot go yet.. he is very weak, still..

UPDATE: Jeff's culture samples came back negative for infection, so the fever is likely due to the tumors on his liver. His white cell count is probably due to the Nulasta shot he gets after chemo to stimulate white cell production. He is a bit anemic now, so will be receiving a blood transfusion soon. Neurologist said that his seizure was likely due to malnutrition and nothing neurologically, but they want to make sure his brainwave activity is normal, so did the EEG today. We'll have the results of the EEG tomorrow..

Some really dumb questions, please forgive me...

He cannot go yet.. he is very weak, still..

UPDATE: Jeff's culture samples came back negative for infection, so the fever is likely due to the tumors on his liver.
    This sounds bad? Or would it have been a better scenario if it had been infection?

Neurologist said that his seizure was likely due to malnutrition and nothing neurologically
    Obviously this is good news, but shouldn't his nutrition be taken care of by the hospital?

Not trying to get too into your business here, Cyndee. Please only respond if you have the time or inclination.

Wishing for good results from the EEG....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Some really dumb questions, please forgive me...

This sounds bad? Or would it have been a better scenario if it had been infection?

Obviously this is good news, but shouldn't his nutrition be taken care of by the hospital?

Not trying to get too into your business here, Cyndee. Please only respond if you have the time or inclination.

Wishing for good results from the EEG....
    Scott.. not dumb questions! It would prob be better if he had an infection, since they'd treat it with antibiotics. And... yes, the hospital is trying to take care of him, nutritionally, as I am. But, when he refuses to eat enough, or drink enough water, things are tough. He is on a supplements, has gotten infusions of potassium and magnesium, and they are trying to get him to eat and drink enough. Of course, the IV fluids are taking care of the liquids for now, but he will actually have to drink enough when we go home. Everyone's telling him this but he cannot seem to make it happen, so far..

I think the EEG will be fine.. They are just ruling everything else out as much as possible...

Hmm...I see. Thanks for the response. The feeding thing sounds like it can be pretty rough.

Man, you guys really need a break. Hope you get one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Hmm...I see. Thanks for the response. The feeding thing sounds like it can be pretty rough.

Man, you guys really need a break. Hope you get one soon.
    It's very rough and causing major problems, such as the seizure, not being able to get chemo, etc... He is at his record low weight and is extremely weak.. I hate to see him like this.

Chemo can really put a damper on appetite. My mother was able to tolerate shakes when she didn't feel like eating, so we added protein powders, Greek yogurt, fruits. I'm sure the dietitian at the hospital has given you tons of "tips" for stimulating Jeff's appetite. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and picturing a good report tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by VickiLynn View Post
    Chemo can really put a damper on appetite. My mother was able to tolerate shakes when she didn't feel like eating, so we added protein powders, Greek yogurt, fruits. I'm sure the dietitian at the hospital has given you tons of "tips" for stimulating Jeff's appetite. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and picturing a good report tomorrow.
    Yup, we have been doing smoothies all along. The dietitian is impressed with my knowledge of food, smoothies, etc.. But, the problem is not what I give him, it's what he actually gets IN there! He is having so much trouble even with smoothies...

Stay strong, sweetie!

I was with Duncan last night and we talked about all the s**t you're BOTH going through right now and how we both have you in our thoughts, fervently hoping for the best possible scenario.

Duncan is doing some consulting here in Madison for a few more weeks, and last night the one local prog band had a gig.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Thanks Geezer and everyone.. xoxo

please let Jeff know we're pulling for him - chemo is brutal, and i know you guys have been truly in a battle thus far. i really do hope he can pull through and start getting his weight and strength back.

you are in our hearts and we wish you all the best with this. hugs and love to you both. hang in there, hon.

Kim

Cyndee, I just wanted to pipe in and let you know that I'm thinking about you both and sending lots of love, hope, and positivity your way.

*hugs* here too (as well as on FB). thanks for keeping us posted, Cyndee, and were here for you and Jeff (in the larger metaphorical sense of "here").

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart...

UPDATE: Jeff had his oncology appointment today, and his doctor told us that his tumors are still growing, and his ulcer is getting larger too, from the tumors. She is going to switch chemo drugs, and start him on them ASAP. Even though the drugs he has been getting are the most aggressive combo, sometimes, switching to other drugs can make a difference for some patients. <crossing fingers> We really appreciate all of the love and support everyone has been showing us during this difficult time..

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Continued prayers for you and Jeff. And thanks for all the updates. Even though I've never met you two, it seems through PE and this thread you've become much more than just two other folks on the planet, as I visit this thread regularly to keep up with how you're doing. Hang in there, never give up....and play some prog.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    Continued prayers for you and Jeff. And thanks for all the updates. Even though I've never met you two, it seems through PE and this thread you've become much more than just two other folks on the planet, as I visit this thread regularly to keep up with how you're doing. Hang in there, never give up....and play some prog.
    Thank you for taking an interest in us... We appreciate the support so much..

Really appreciate the updates, Cyndee. No doubt you have other things on your mind.