Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson - The Harmony Codex

Tyler - my vote is for you to STAY. If not, we'll talk.

What Life Brings. I'm getting the chills on this one. Good to hear Guy Pratt on bass.

Last edited by Steve983; 09-19-2023 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    What Life Brings. I'm getting the chills on this one. Good to hear Guy Pratt on bass.

It starts off so well. But not sure about the way i develops. Need to hear it again … not a fan of the major 7 chord though

I like it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Listening to all four released tracks back-to-back, I'm coming around to it.

I've avoided all the advance tracks so far, so when it inevitably drops in its entirety on youtube, I'll string it together myself and give it a listen and then decide whether to buy properly, or not. Overall reactions seem pretty positive and I don't think that he is going to reinvent the wheel at this point, nor would I expect him to. A good album is good enough for me.

Neil
    Last edited by boilk; 09-20-2023 at 10:20 AM.

A bit less ambien-like than the other two vocal tunes, so far. But not by too much. Still waiting for a pop/prog nugget with a decent tempo. Fingers crossed.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    moecurley wrote:

<<Really, it's all good. None of the "bad" that you will encounter will be bad enough to make up for the fun and breadth of knowledge that you will miss out on by not being here.

I ask you to reconsider.>>

This. I really want to know what you think about The Chronicles of Father Robin. So can we please just let this blow over? (I’m saying that to all of us collectively, not just you, Tyler.) Life’s too short.

Full marks for continuing to do great videos. I'm a big fan of Pratt too.

On first listen: the song is OK, it's not bad, it's nothing special. I am glad Wilson is out there following his muse and being productive, but I don't think I agree with his muse's tastes! :-)
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I received my notice from Burning Shed that my deluxe edition of Harmony Codex shipped yesterday!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I hesitated too long for the Deluxe edition so just my cd has been sent today which means it should arrive Thursday. I'm hoping that the alt version of the album might be available to buy as a download at some point.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I hesitated too long for the Deluxe edition so just my cd has been sent today which means it should arrive Thursday. I'm hoping that the alt version of the album might be available to buy as a download at some point.
    I guess that makes my decision about which edition to buy easier.

Just back from The Harmony Codex album playback event. On first listen I like the album. The short set afterwards had Steven playing just keyboards and sequencers. Niko Tsonev played guitar and Steven's wife Rotem did vocals on the title track. We even got a TFB track!

Setlist here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steve...-73a38ad5.html

Oh, and Steven never spoke a word, just played the music and left.

Quote Originally Posted by Progtastic View Post
    Just back from The Harmony Codex album playback event. On first listen I like the album. The short set afterwards had Steven playing just keyboards and sequencers. Niko Tsonev played guitar and Steven's wife Rotem did vocals on the title track. We even got a TFB track!

Setlist here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steve...-73a38ad5.html

Oh, and Steven never spoke a word, just played the music and left.
    Must be the first time he did not mention growing up listening to Dark Side and Donna Summer

And I hope that his wife doesn’t join the forthcoming tour on keyboards! A little too Paul and Linda for me.

But seriously, I’m pleased to read the positive accounts of this album playback session here and on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    A little too Paul and Linda for me.
    This crossed my mind as well 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
    And I hope that his wife doesn’t join the forthcoming tour on keyboards! A little too Paul and Linda for me.
    What about Ed & Brandi?

Got the cd today and have played it twice. There are certainly two tracks I'll be skipping, hope it grows on me some more. We'll see.

Has the regular CD been released yet? I don't see it on Laser's Edge as a new release or a preorder. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Has the regular CD been released yet? I don't see it on Laser's Edge as a new release or a preorder. What gives?
    Burning Shed posted their pre orders 2 days ago, got mine today.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

This is more like it.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Got an email from Amazon that gave me a November 25 delivery date for my plain vanilla, boring ass, single CD edition so I cancelled the order. Good news is the record ain’t bad when you hear the whole thing. I could have streamed it until November, but I’m not into rewarding Amazon’s failure by keeping the order active. I snagged a CD on eBay.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

It’s truly unfortunate for Wilson if sh*tty distribution ends up sabotaging his sales.

Burning Shed posted their pre orders 2 days ago, got mine today.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
    Burning Shed is fine for folks in the UK, but shipping charges to the US are crazy expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    It’s truly unfortunate for Wilson if sh*tty distribution ends up sabotaging his sales.
    This happened with the recent P Tree album too, right? Laser's Edge doesn't even have preorders up. Is that a case of Once bitten, Twice shy?

Frumious, there's no 2CD version for us middling Wislon fans? They won't even sell us a second copy of the CD with the vocals removed, like so many other bands do?

As far as buying a 1CD version, if that's all there is I'm in no hurry to get it. I can get by with s streaming version or "illegal" download for a while until there are huge bins of the 1CD at Costco.