Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW Sanguine Hum

It has perfectly been available as an import from Cherry Red since the end of March/early April with plenty of stock. (hence why its on Amazon.com and has been for weeks) The situation here is that this title is on repress , so if anyone has only made an order in the last 10 days or so, stock is due back in from the factory on the 23rd May and then has to be shipped to the USA. Cleopatra, as far as Im aware are only taking some titles for selling on (as an importer/distributor), as far as Im aware they are not manufacturing domestically(if anyone is being told otherwise let me know as Im not aware of this), so in this case it isnt a Cleopatra issue, its an issue that someone has placed their initial order(if they havent ordered the title when it came out) at the point there isnt stock in the system.

The only label we have an arrangement with for domestic release in terms of manufacture I believe is MVD whom we have used for Squackett and Todd Rundgren only.

Vicky

With all due respect...

The title was already scheduled by Cleopatra weeks after the European street date. It was just bumped to June 4th from May 21st. This has been scheduled for months. Its incomprehensible that Cherry Red would be unable to supply Cleopatra with product given a 10 week lead time.

Ken

will PM you ken. need to find out why this is, the stock has been available for weeks, it only went out of stock about 6-8 days ago I believe. Ive been regularly ordering it for CD club members and always received it.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Well I'm one listen into this and it's outstanding, it feels like a significant step up from the previous one and I loved that, may end up top 5 on the year.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Well I'm one listen into this and it's outstanding, it feels like a significant step up from the previous one and I loved that, may end up top 5 on the year.

Wholly melodic without discarding attention to both nuance or dissonance in harmony and rhythm. Too bad for those who thought they had them figured when assuming SH were yet another Porky wannabe.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I am glad you like the album guys--its one that we really loved as soon as we heard it.

Thanks everyone, some lovely comments...and it was great to play the WHOLE album live in London last week. We've never managed to play everything off a record before, and it seemed to go down really well. And boy is this a hard one to play...

Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Troopers For Sound View Post
    Thanks everyone, some lovely comments...and it was great to play the WHOLE album live in London last week. We've never managed to play everything off a record before, and it seemed to go down really well. And boy is this a hard one to play...

Matt.
    Was a great gig mate, really enjoyed your set, stunning live act.

congratulations Matt, Joff and company!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Definitely one of my favorites of the year, no doubt will be in my top 5. Very well done.

The latest Sanguine Hum is an album that grows on you after several listens. They advertized The Diving Bell as such, but I liked it immediately. The Weight Of The World took me a few spins to appreciate, but I'm liking it a whole lot now.

Matt.
    It was fantastic!!!! Thank you for playing it.

I listened to The Weight...... last night, well every night for that matter, and I can't think of an album that ends in such a gripping fashion as what this one does. It's close to goosebumps for me.

Thanks Gibberish That's what we like to hear!

Live show tonight in the UK by the way as part of Eppyfest 2 at Lansdown Hall in Stroud...we should hit the stage at 9pm, but lots of other great acts on from 4:30.

Matt.

kick it old school, Matt!

right on right on and all that jizzle

Kim
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

The lyrics on this album are certainly not happy, but not dismal neither. Quite meaningful, with a clever structure to keep the music interesting. I like the way this was put together. It's right in my comfort zone. It will be a while before I tire of this. Hopefully, I will tire of it before 30 years pass by, tho.

Fell free to VOTE FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROG AWARDS: BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST

http://awards.progrockmag.com/awards...through-artist

Thanks

Matt.

Fell free to VOTE FOR US!
    I'm usually not into this kinda thing, but you're up against at least a couple of fine acts here (notably Syd Arthur) - and I absolutely love your work. So I just did. Vote, I mean.

And I SO want to get my hands on that first ASN EP. Still.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Big Big Train & Riverside as breakthrough artists? Weird.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Big Big Train & Riverside as breakthrough artists? Weird.
    Hm Consider the source, dude!

Fell free to VOTE FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROG AWARDS: BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST

http://awards.progrockmag.com/awards...through-artist

Thanks

Matt.
    Voted for you - see you soon mate

Same here. well deserved if it pans out for you.

Thought i'd sneak this on to this old thread rather than spamming a new one

I've made a solo record of instrumental jazz-rock/prog/electronica/ambient type stuff. Quite a lo-fi affair, with me playing drums on about half of the record along with keyboards. Kind of like a mix of Boards of Canada, Tortoise, Weather Report, Squarepusher, Tangerine Dream and so on. Below is a soundcloud clip with a preview of the album plus it's available from our bandcamp page if anyone fancies having a listen: http://mattbaber.bandcamp.com/

And thanks to anyone who came along to our gigs over summer...now back to work on the new album!

Have had this now for some time and despite many repeat listens it just isn't grabbing me. Not sure why. Nothing I dislike, just can never recall a single thing about it after I've played it and I had real good listen again a few hours ago. However, if you asked me to describe it I'd struggle without playing it again apart from confirming it is a prog/alt-rock crossover for sure.

Thought i'd sneak this on to this old thread rather than spamming a new one

I've made a solo record of instrumental jazz-rock/prog/electronica/ambient type stuff. Quite a lo-fi affair, with me playing drums on about half of the record along with keyboards. Kind of like a mix of Boards of Canada, Tortoise, Weather Report, Squarepusher, Tangerine Dream and so on. Below is a soundcloud clip with a preview of the album plus it's available from our bandcamp page if anyone fancies having a listen: http://mattbaber.bandcamp.com/

And thanks to anyone who came along to our gigs over summer...now back to work on the new album!

Very much recommend this if you have a taste for electronic stuff. Matt's keyboard sounds are unique and it's a great record.