Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you Winamp?

No!

The point of having Winamp is that you don't have to import your library!

Read Dave's post #21.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Got it. I can look anywhere in my mp3 library and choose songs or folders from it in winamp. is there a way to get the album artwork displayed while it plays?

You can either use Winamp's ID tag editor, which is rather cumbersome, IMO, or I use mp3tag, for reasons mentioned above.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The thing I like about Winamp is it gives you exact running times of whatever is in the playlist, versus WMP, which rounds it to the nearest minute (or maybe it rounds up, I don't remember which, but it doesn't give you the seconds). Knowing the precise of a selection of music is useful when you're programming a tacky internet radio show where you're mandated to take a station break, of sorts, exactly every half hour.

When I first started using Winamp, probably about 10 years ago, there was some nice "visualization" programs, that you could use to generate some rather interesting video graphics that went in time with the music. There was one where the parameters were all given in what look like fourth dimensional algebra or something, I don't know what it was, but I found that by randomly changing the numbers in the equations, you could change the visuals, which produced fun results sometimes. Unfortunately, these days, Winamp doesn't seem to have that anymore.

Are there any of these plug-ins for the Winamp that are worth getting/essential? I just downloaded the free Winamp, so curious about the extras. Thanks.