Thread: STRAWBS full electric band in Rochester 4/17: ONLY SHOW IN UPSTATE NY!

STRAWBS full electric band in Rochester 4/17: ONLY SHOW IN UPSTATE NY!

Get tickets here...

https://www.ticketweb.com/event/stra...65?pl=lovincup

limited to 100 "guaranteed seating" tickets, after that it's "standing tickets" giving you choice of standing room or partially obstructed view in side dining area.

Please pass along to friends in Buffalo, Syracuse, Ithaca, even folks in Ontario...this is the only Strawbs show in upstate NY this tour.

Quote Originally Posted by greeneking View Post
    Get tickets here...

https://www.ticketweb.com/event/stra...65?pl=lovincup

limited to 100 "guaranteed seating" tickets, after that it's "standing tickets" giving you choice of standing room or partially obstructed view in side dining area.

Please pass along to friends in Buffalo, Syracuse, Ithaca, even folks in Ontario...this is the only Strawbs show in upstate NY this tour.
    Thank you for the info, it is "heaven sent" as I am not able to make it to Lakewood, NJ show. Already bought a ticket, see you there
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

That's great! Are you coming from out of town or do you live in Rochester area?

If you are a Facebook user, and you know of anyone else who'd be interested, please share the event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/576491259520461/

Quote Originally Posted by greeneking View Post
    That's great! Are you coming from out of town or do you live in Rochester area?

If you are a Facebook user, and you know of anyone else who'd be interested, please share the event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/576491259520461/
    Out of town. Not much of a Facebook user I am afraid

A huge thanks to greeneking and PE without which I would not have been alerted to this show. I just happened to be in Rochester for work earlier this week, so was able to catch the show.

WOW, what a great show. A great mix of newish material from The Ferryman's Curse, and even a new debut song, with a good mix of songs from their catalog. Unlike some band (cough cough Yes cough cough) this band is not resting on its laurels and is progressing ahead, near full steam. I was very impressed with Dave Bainbridge on keys.

Nice to see the band in what is really a pretty small venue. Great crowd and decent food. All around a great night out.

Strawbs.jpg
    It's a Good Thing I Don't Have Super Brain Powers Or You'd All Be In A Thousand Little Pieces Right Now (Forever Einstein).

Quote Originally Posted by Meme Prog Mutation View Post
    A huge thanks to greeneking and PE without which I would not have been alerted to this show. I just happened to be in Rochester for work earlier this week, so was able to catch the show.

WOW, what a great show. A great mix of newish material from The Ferryman's Curse, and even a new debut song, with a good mix of songs from their catalog. Unlike some band (cough cough Yes cough cough) this band is not resting on its laurels and is progressing ahead, near full steam. I was very impressed with Dave Bainbridge on keys.

Nice to see the band in what is really a pretty small venue. Great crowd and decent food. All around a great night out.

Strawbs.jpg
    Concur, a great show and band in really good form. Amazing that Cousins can still hit the highest registers. I also agree that Dave Bainbridge is a great addition and not only on keyboard as he is also a very capable guitarist. The twin guitar excursion of Lambert and Bainbridge was exquisite.

Thanks to everyone involved for making this Rochester show happen and letting me see Strawbs for the 5th time, especially since I can not make it to the Lakewood extravaganza.

^^ When I saw 'em last October, Bainbridge was the star of the show. Really loved them. I wasn't familiar with their more recent EXCELLENT records. The show is highly recommended!

Fantastic MPM and PCM.... (yes weren't those high notes astounding! "FREE" in The Promised Land got its own round of applause )

JVB.....are you coming to Lakewood?

^^Not going to be able to make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarplyrjvb View Post
    ^^Not going to be able to make it!
    ah well, the good news is they've just renewed their visas for three more years, so they will be back!