Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: U.K.: "Night After Night-Extended" coming 03/08/2019

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    This reminded me of the early days when I had to call Ken on the phone toplace an order with Laser's Edge.
    Just got an email reply from Wayside...SOLD OUT last night..
    Went on Eddie's FB page and then to Burning Shed, they list their next pre-order fulfilment as 3-29-19 and Amazon US still lists as 1-3 months. And I know from ordering Ominbus box set by Samurai of Prog, they aren't kidding when they speak in terms of months..took me almost 2 months to get the cd's.

yeah, I go way back with Ken at LE as well. Unfortunately I don't buy as much as I used to because our kid's are always giving us Amazon Gift Cards.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

I’m in the U.S. Ordered last Friday from Amazon, but noticed before I did that they had none in stock. Ended up buying from a secondary seller on Amazon...Import CD’S. Received it in yesterday’s mail....check Amazon again to see if there are any from secondary sellers.....
    So much music....so little time....

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Wayside appears to still have it.
    All gone as of last night sometime. Thanks for the shout out.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    I’m in the U.S. Ordered last Friday from Amazon, but noticed before I did that they had none in stock. Ended up buying from a secondary seller on Amazon...Import CD’S. Received it in yesterday’s mail....check Amazon again to see if there are any from secondary sellers.....
    They've only been listed as Amazon. I checked Import CD's storefront with a search and the only copy they have is from 2014 SACD version of the original.
    Thanks for your help, tho.
    I have a feeling they'll be back in stock by the end of March because that is what is listed from Burning Shed which is where Eddie Jobson sold it from.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

lol, I guess my order at Wayside (placed this morning) will get cancelled then....
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    lol, I guess my order at Wayside (placed this morning) will get cancelled then....
    You'll get an email. I placed my order right after it was mentioned Wayside had copies, and I still didn't get one.

Amazon is currently showing 1 new for sale....I clicked on it, and it says it’s being sold by them? Weird, but they may have 1 in stock from a canceled order.....
    So much music....so little time....

In any event, I and Ken have both been told by Eddie's distributor that they expect it back mid week next week.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    You'll get an email. I placed my order right after it was mentioned Wayside had copies, and I still didn't get one.
    Yup, I got the email. I'll try again next batch.
    <sig out of order>

Anything UK seems to be hot right now, they're getting harder to find than a Tickle Me Elmo doll in Christmas 1996.
    I was looking for the UK Reunion Live In Tokyo DVD to tide me over until the Extended Night after Night is back in stock, and it's also impossible to find.
    Oh yeah, found one for $400...passed on it.

AMAZON shows I'll get mine tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Anything UK seems to be hot right now, they're getting harder to find than a Tickle Me Elmo doll in Christmas 1996.
    I was looking for the UK Reunion Live In Tokyo DVD to tide me over until the Extended Night after Night is back in stock, and it's also impossible to find.
    Oh yeah, found one for $400...passed on it.
    I was looking for that for a long time. Finally found a copy very reasonably priced at Burning Shed recently. Dunno if they still have it but let me recommend the newer "Curtain Call" DVD. Excellent performance and includes a full band version of R-602 (which I really wanted). Two copies left on Amazon at ~$58.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    AMAZON shows I'll get mine tomorrow.
    When did you order yours? I had ordered it on 2/27. It shows a delivery of 4/17 to 5/22.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    let me recommend the newer "Curtain Call" DVD. Excellent performance and includes a full band version of R-602 (which I really wanted). Two copies left on Amazon at ~$58.
    According to the court documents, this is one of the issues that Wetton had with Eddie...he agreed to a buyout for the Curtain Call recordings and never got it (according to the suit)

”Wetton contracted with Globe to receive a buyout fee of $5,000.00 for the recordings made of the tour dates, as well as complimentary copies of any resultant releases, to be paid at the time of the products' first commercial release.”

yup...got the Amazon email delaying it. (Interesting how long it took for them to tell me it was delayed...)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I was looking for that for a long time. Finally found a copy very reasonably priced at Burning Shed recently. Dunno if they still have it but let me recommend the newer "Curtain Call" DVD. Excellent performance and includes a full band version of R-602 (which I really wanted). Two copies left on Amazon at ~$58.
    Thanks for the info, I'll check it out, a little too high $$ for me right now and I'd like to hear more about the Wetton court doc's. So far, Eddie is innocent until proven guilty to me, but I'd like to hear from more collaborating witnesses on both sides...at any rate, this is sad, and even sadder John isn't here to support this suit or cancel it due to being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    According to the court documents, this is one of the issues that Wetton had with Eddie...he agreed to a buyout for the Curtain Call recordings and never got it (according to the suit)

”Wetton contracted with Globe to receive a buyout fee of $5,000.00 for the recordings made of the tour dates, as well as complimentary copies of any resultant releases, to be paid at the time of the products' first commercial release.”
    Thanks for the info, please see my above comment.

[QUOTE=Top Cat;888712]Thanks for the info, I'll check it out, a little too high $$ for me right now and I'd like to hear more about the Wetton court doc's. So far, Eddie is innocent until proven guilty to me, but I'd like to hear from more collaborating witnesses on both sides...at any rate, this is sad, and even sadder John isn't here to support this suit or cancel it due to being wrong.

I can certainly understand that point of view, and I purchased both of these before any news of this suit.
    Personally, when John passed away I became really eager to snag one or both of these before they were gone forever. As for the price, I see it's also available for ~$40 from third party sellers.

The Reunion Live In Tokyo DVD has a HORRIBLE mix. Do not waste your money.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squire1977!! View Post
    It's not the mix; it's the overall sound quality. It's as though the sound came from a digital camera in the audience.

We just got a restock of Night After Night Extended.

https://www.lasercd.com/cd/night-aft...ded-2cdblu-ray

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squire1977!! View Post
    The high end sounds like a dentist's drill. Picked it up a the Patriots Place show a few years back...very disappointing.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    It sounds like the audio came from a cheap digital camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    It sounds like the audio came from a cheap digital camera.
    Well, Jobson wanted the album to sound like you were actually there in the crowd, so it might have been such a camera.
    I always thought it sounded like the drums were recorded seperately from the toilet. Such a waste of talent (and money), because the performance was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    I always thought it sounded like the drums were recorded seperately from the toilet.
    When recording a toilet I always record the drums separately. Otherwise you get leakage.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx