Thread: Gong Expresso - Decadence Track By Track

Gong Expresso - Decadence Track By Track

Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Decadence by Gong Expresso turns out to be a nice little album. I did the Pledge campaign. Paid for the CD but they never sent it. At least I got the digital download sent to me. I'm happy it exists and happy to have it at least on my computer and iPod.

It is really laid back, straight forward guitar jazz with some tuned percussion. Doesn't much sound like Gong proper or PMG or even Gongzilla. Maybe a good analogy is Soft Machine Legacy at their softest, to the old SM. Now that I have finally spent some time with it I do recommend it. Nice for late night listening or studying background. Just don't expect it to rock or even swing much. I hope this is not the end of the group.

I totally agree. As a very long term Gong / PM Gong fan, I also bought the download of this during the pledgemusic campaign - and its an album that I've come back to many times since.

Some beautiful "minimalist" style tracks with, as you say, a very laid back / quiet feel to it. Very relaxing, but much more than simply "background" music!

For any who like this, I would also thoroughly recommend Dave Sturt's solo album (bass player in the current incarnation of Gong) - it's also a beautiful album.