Thread: Zeal & Ardor

Zeal & Ardor

I had the band recommended to me about 6 months ago via a FB group. I was asking if there had ever been a band who blended blues w/ black metal. This is some pretty amazing stuff. It's like Delta/raw blues songs blended with shades of late-era black/post-black metal.

I like this much better than any black metal I've heard, and most "blues based rock."
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    I like this much better than any black metal I've heard, and most "blues based rock."
    Yeah, I was completely surprised when I heard it...I can't stop listening to it.

i went within a whiff of having seen them live at ArcTanGent festival this year (was at another stage at the time) and i am forever kicking myself that i didn't. certainly the most talked about act at this year's instalment (alongside SHELLAC) and definitely a hot property at the moment – rightfully so! magnificent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    i went within a whiff of having seen them live at ArcTanGent festival this year (was at another stage at the time) and i am forever kicking myself that i didn't. certainly the most talked about act at this year's instalment (alongside SHELLAC) and definitely a hot property at the moment – rightfully so! magnificent stuff.
    Man....I would be kicking myself as well. I passed on a FREE ticket to Haken/Bent Knee a couple weeks ago...my ass is still bruised from kicking myself over that one. Haha!