Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Tangerine Dream - The Wilson remixes

Amazon.com price is $238 plus tax however Amazon.co.uk price is GBP103.46 or $136. Hefty diff!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Amazon.com price is $238 plus tax however Amazon.co.uk price is GBP103.46 or $136. Hefty diff!
    You have to keep your eyes on some of those prices, they seem to fluctuate quite a bit, for some reason. I'm constantly prices shooting up and down on the stuff I have in my "Saved for later" cart on Amazon. Even after something comes out, you'll see that happen. I figure until you get the "Only ten copies available" warning that you really need to pull the trigger.

I'm getting a "This item does not ship to the United States" message at Amazon.co.uk. And the US price is just too high.

$302.99 at amazon.ca

But hey, free shipping.

I wonder if this thing ships with an official TD pet rock in it or something. There has to be a reason why all the UK places want 50 pounds for shipping, and the North American prices are out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic333 View Post
    I'm getting a "This item does not ship to the United States" message at Amazon.co.uk. And the US price is just too high.
    Hmmm. From here I see
    "This item can be delivered to United States. Details"

$143.39 plus $4.99 shipping to US at importcds.com. I have purchased from them many times without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ajntorinj View Post
    $143.39 plus $4.99 shipping to US at importcds.com. I have purchased from them many times without issue.
    Good price!

Quote Originally Posted by ajntorinj View Post
    I quit buying directly from them, because I kept getting the "We're sorry, that item is out of stock, and we can't reorder it, so we're cancelling your order" e-mails from them.

I only buy from ImportCDs via the Amazon Marketplace.

Hmmm. From here I see
    "This item can be delivered to United States. Details"
    Odd. Checked again and it's still saying no.
    Capture.JPG

Odd. Checked again and it's still saying no.
    Capture.JPG
    Weird. From home, it says no. From my work computer it says yes!

There was a bug in the system.....almost nothing was available for the US at that time......it's fixed now.

Box has shown up at amazon.ca for a reasonable price and free shipping.

Universal Music Group's retail site, https://www.udiscovermusic.com/, has it for $156.99 (but $60 shipping!) and they offer a bundle that comes with a TD print:

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/sea...angerine+dream

Right now, at Burning Shed, even with the shipping it's around $160 USD. Seems pretty reasonable to me. Amazon USA has it at $238, with free shipping. The relatively high shipping cost at Burning Shed doesn't seem so bad now.

From the set:

I purchased a copy from MusicVaultz for $189.99 CDN ($141.39 USD). Free shipping on orders over $50.

You guys might want to check that out?

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/*/In-...ay/64IC0000000
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Countdown begins... though I have to wait for the shipment.

Got an email about shipping. Should be here in a week!

Mine is due from BS on Monday, can't wait!! (He says even as he focuses on the Earthworks Complete review that's coming next, so when he'll find time to listen to the TD? Yikes!!)
    John Kelman
    Senior Contributor, All About Jazz since 2004
    Freelance writer/photographer

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Wow...I was just going to pre-order this from Burning Shed at £95, but when I went to check out, sticker shock...£30 to ship to the USA. Courier the only option. Wtf?
    Big box (hardcover book, etc), and while BS will send smaller items no insurance, no tracking, I think to prevent problems with such an expensive (and isn't it limited also?) box, they've opted to ship in a way that ensures it gets to you. Normally I'd quibble but I'm actually ok with this.
    John Kelman

I paid a fortune for the Family box, but it was the only way to buy it. But you know, it's a big massive box, and intl shipping is crazy expensive.
    me too!
    John Kelman

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    $302.99 at amazon.ca

But hey, free shipping.

I wonder if this thing ships with an official TD pet rock in it or something. There has to be a reason why all the UK places want 50 pounds for shipping, and the North American prices are out of whack.
    North American prices are likely high because its a uk box with no North American distribution, so they've gotta import them (which means customs, duty, etc). It always jacks the price. I'll be curious to see what Steve F can sell it for. Better than Amazon, I suspect...but we'll have to see...
    John Kelman

Quote Originally Posted by jkelman View Post
    I'll be curious to see what Steve F can sell it for. Better than Amazon, I suspect...but we'll have to see...
    It's already up for sale (preorder) on Wayside. $185. Still quite a bit less than Amazon, even though the latter has dropped to $215 and change.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx