Thread: Glenn Hughes at the keswick 09/07/2018 doing his version of mark 3/4 Deep Purple

Glenn Hughes at the keswick 09/07/2018 doing his version of mark 3/4 Deep Purple

Yes Ladies and gentleman it was a difficult decision> I had a hard time deciding which Deep Purple show to see but after looking at a couple recent you tube concerts of both groups I'm going with Glenn over the Deep Purple version that is currently touring with Judas Priest as both groups will be in the Philadelphia area in just a couple weeks. Glenn vocals are strong and the group he's got together is decent enough to pull it off and is performing songs that I know Deep Purple will never play from Burn or especially from Stormbringer or Come Taste the Band. If you go to the Keswick look for me Ill be in the first row in the pit! proudly wearing my Greta Van Fleet T- shirt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden4ever View Post
    Yes Ladies and gentleman it was a difficult decision> I had a hard time deciding which Deep Purple show to see but after looking at a couple recent you tube concerts of both groups I'm going with Glenn over the Deep Purple version that is currently touring with Judas Priest as both groups will be in the Philadelphia area in just a couple weeks. Glenn vocals are strong and the group he's got together is decent enough to pull it off and is performing songs that I know Deep Purple will never play from Burn or especially from Stormbringer or Come Taste the Band. If you go to the Keswick look for me Ill be in the first row in the pit! proudly wearing my Greta Van Fleet T- shirt!!!
    I saw him on his last U.S. tour and he was outstanding as was his band.

I wish Black Country Communion would tour. Would love to see Glenn live.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I wish Black Country Communion would tour. Would love to see Glenn live.
    Me too. If they came anywhere near me I would be there in a second, but I don't think that is going to happen other than sporadic shows since all the guys are involved in so many other things. I have read they are planning to do another album next year though.

Took my son to see DP and JP this past weekend. They were fantastic, and we had a great time. Glenn Hughes is playing locally here in a week - thinking we'll go see him as well.

I recently bought and listened to Keith Emerson, Glenn Hughes, and Mark Bonilla "The Boys Club: Live from California." Fantastic through and through! Tarkus with Glenn singing is, hands down, the best performance of the song I've ever heard. Unlike Geddy Lee and Ian Gillan, Glenn can still hit all the high notes and scream his guts out. He's also quite the guitarist...I though he was only an accomplished bassist.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

^ That sounds really interesting. Wonder if there's any live footage or live recording of that group on Youtube.

^^ I searched far and wide for video, but no dice. Apparently, it's audio only.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama