Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weidorje

Weidorje

Just curious if that word is French or Kobaian? From the Weidorje liner notes they say it means "Celestial wheel in Biblical tongue" whatever that means.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Biblical languages are ancient Heberew, Aramaic, and Greek, I believe. I could be missing one.

But then, what is scripture in a zeuhlik universe?

Tremendous album, though!
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgArchives
    WEIDORJE means "celestial wheel". This word appears for the very first time in MAGMA's album "Üdü Wüdü" in the form of a short track (4:30) composed by Paganotti and Blasquiz, the latter being the second master brain in MAGMA, along with Vander (Blasquiz achieved by the way WEIDORJE's cover art).
    Google Translate says it means "over" in Western Frisian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    West Frisian, or simply Frisian (Frysk; Dutch: Fries [ˈfris]) is a West Germanic language spoken mostly in the province of Friesland (Fryslân) in the north of the Netherlands, mostly by those of Frisian ancestry. It is the most widely spoken of the three Frisian languages.
    Like all things Zeuhl, take everything you read with extreme skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    Biblical languages are ancient Heberew, Aramaic, and Greek, I believe.
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    Biblical languages are ancient Heberew, Aramaic, and Greek, I believe. I could be missing one.

But then, what is scripture in a zeuhlik universe?

Tremendous album, though!
    This is true, I've studied the Bible for a lot of years which is why I said "whatever that means". It's not a word in the Bible so I'm not sure what the person was getting at who wrote the liner notes. And was wondering if that is a French word or Kobaian? It makes sense being celestial wheel as in a spaceship considering what the whole concept is about. Ezekiel's vision involved what one might call celestial wheels when he saw God come out of the storm as a captive of the babylonians in that country by the Kebar River. I have a feeling it's simply a spaceship and Kobaian.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Also it's a song on Udu Wudu and my liner notes which I think explain the concept are in French which I don't understand. It might help knowing what that is abaout if anyone knows.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

I think "Biblical tongue" simply means ancient tongue in this case. It's Kobaian so "made up" anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    Also it's a song on Udu Wudu
    I guess mellotron storm has me blocked

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I guess mellotron storm has me blocked
    I'm sorry! I replied quickly this morning to one post before I had to go to work. Thanks for your info especially that obscure language from The Netherlands.
    TheH I think hit the nail on the head in that it is a Kobaian word so a supposed ancient language like the Biblical ones. Pronounced Vay-dorje I understand.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Thinking of getting a personal plate for my car, probably the only Koabaian word on a plate in Canada.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

a supposed ancient language like the Biblical ones.
    Except Kobaïan dates only to 1969. That's not as 'ancient' as Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek, unless you're using an exponential calendar.

it means "Celestial wheel in Biblical tongue" whatever that means.
    It likely refers to Ezekiel's vision
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Ezekiel 1:15*As I kept seeing the living creatures, why, look! there was one wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, by the four faces of each. 16*As for the appearance of the wheels and their structure, it was like the glow of chrys´o·lite; and the four of them had one likeness. And their appearance and their structure were just as when a wheel proved to be in the midst of a wheel. 17*When they went they would go on their four respective sides. They would not turn another way when they went. 18*And as for their rims, they had such height that they caused fearfulness; and their rims were full of eyes all around the four of them. 19*And when the living creatures went, the wheels would go beside them, and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels would be lifted up. 20*Wherever the spirit inclined to go, they would go, the spirit [inclining] to go there; and the wheels themselves would be lifted up close alongside them, for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. 21*When they went, these would go; and when they stood still, these would stand still; and when they were lifted up from the earth, the wheels would be lifted up close alongside them, for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    Except Kobaïan dates only to 1969. That's not as 'ancient' as Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek, unless you're using an exponential calendar.
    As Kobaïan is made up it is also part of it's own made up history, in which it can be as old as Vander wants it to be

Also at least in Germany the term "Biblical" (biblisch) in connection with age, simply means very old and doesn't indicate any real connection to the Bibel itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SOME OL' HEBEREW DUDE View Post
    16*As for the appearance of the wheels and their structure, it was like the glow of chrys´o·lite;
    Is chrys´o·lite anything like Cryst-O-Mint?

Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Dictionary
    chrys·o·lite
    a yellowish-green or brownish variety of olivine, used as a gemstone.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Dictionary
    chrys·o·lite
    a yellowish-green or brownish variety of olivine, used as a gemstone.
    LOL. I'm well aware of what chrysolite is. I was reacting to the bizarre way whatever source you copied those bible verses from broke the word up into syllables.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    LOL. I'm well aware of what chrysolite is. I was reacting to the bizarre way whatever source you copied those bible verses from broke the word up into syllables.
    That's actually not an uncommon thing in many Bible translations. Larger words/names will be broken into their respective syllables. It can also help with how to pronounce them, as some of those names can be rather "difficult" to say accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    It was translated by Kid Dyn-O-Mite.

Last edited by moecurlythanu; 08-04-2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: I had it all fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Ezekiel 1:15*As I kept seeing the living creatures, why, look! there was one wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, by the four faces of each. 16*As for the appearance of the wheels and their structure, it was like the glow of chrys´o·lite; and the four of them had one likeness. And their appearance and their structure were just as when a wheel proved to be in the midst of a wheel. 17*When they went they would go on their four respective sides. They would not turn another way when they went. 18*And as for their rims, they had such height that they caused fearfulness; and their rims were full of eyes all around the four of them. 19*And when the living creatures went, the wheels would go beside them, and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels would be lifted up. 20*Wherever the spirit inclined to go, they would go, the spirit [inclining] to go there; and the wheels themselves would be lifted up close alongside them, for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. 21*When they went, these would go; and when they stood still, these would stand still; and when they were lifted up from the earth, the wheels would be lifted up close alongside them, for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.
    Like a throne cart for God is what Ezekiel saw.
    When I reviewed Weidorje's album almost 11 years ago based on that quote about Biblical tongue from the liner notes I mentioned Ezekiel with a question mark but I honestly believe now since this was first a song off Udu Wudu we're talking about a spaceship here given that whole planet Kobaia science fiction concept. Wishful thinking on my part at the time.
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    What Robert said was not accurate, and I disagree with what he said as well.
    Yeah, Robert had it kind of backwards. The period when what was canonical was in flux was up until 382 AD (or 692 AD if you're not Catholic.) It's been stable since then.

Like a throne cart for God is what Ezekiel saw.
    When I reviewed Weidorje's album almost 11 years ago based on that quote about Biblical tongue from the liner notes I mentioned Ezekiel with a question mark but I honestly believe now since this was first a song off Udu Wudu we're talking about a spaceship here given that whole planet Kobaia science fiction concept. Wishful thinking on my part at the time.
    Some people have interpreted Ezekiel's wheel as being a spaceship, and the beings he saw inside as extraterrestrials. Course, those are often times the same people who buy into all that Chariots Of The Gods nonsense, so maybe one should ignore that particular "hypothesis".

I dont think there is much semantical reasoning behind what goes on in kobaian or weidorjes use of it.
    It is a tool for the music.

I dont mind people taking their religion serious personally and talk about it here (its interesting), but dont expect us all to have the same feelings or any special respect for religion as such. We should try to respect each other as persons, but if you identify yourself with your religion . . . it gets more difficult.

I’ll clean up this thread instead of close as I feel the majority here are trying to be respectful while walking the line of a potentially sensitive subject.

To MT and others, try not to take the bait. Be it religion or your favorite prog group, often the best course of action is to ignore as it is rarely productive. Just let us know and we will attend to it.

Robert, we get a lot of complaints about your “thread crapping” and thinly veiled swipes on a variety of subjects. You’re on notice for your cumulative efforts as you clearly have little respect for PE’s guidelines and your fellow posters. Next time we receive a complaint you’ll be taking a long break from the site. It might be wise for you to take a voluntary one now since you can’t seem to control yourself.

And I’m not interested in discussing so please don’t PM me.

Let’s move on...
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I don't agree with almost anything Robert says. Also his opinions are potentially irritating to me. But never - and I mean never - have I felt offended from what he says. The guy is no troll, he just express his own opinions, which contribute wirh honesty to the given discussion.

I understand that the guidelines of this place can be more restrained than what I think they could be. I am just stating my own personal opinion here.