Thread: Join Together (at home) - The Who Plan to Release Shows on Youtube

Join Together (at home) - The Who Plan to Release Shows on Youtube

See the link but some of this is going to be previously unreleased footage. Either way, play it loud as hell because you know they did.

https://zaphod.vvhp.net/viewemail?co...bversionpage=1
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The eons are closing
    1st show - Its Hard Shea Stadium 82!

My first and only Who show

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    1st show - Its Hard Shea Stadium 82!
    Looking forward to seeing this.

I'm reading that it's only five songs. Which might be OK for some of the unseen stuff, but for something like this which exists in full and has been released, why? Genesis and Elton have put up entire concerts in this period.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...#post-24642025

Entwistle's voice going downhill, Townshend not in great form, Kenny Jones on drums, not a favorite period of The Who. Would much rather see a ‘73 tour....backing tape issues and all...

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    Entwistle's voice going downhill, Townshend not in great form, Kenny Jones on drums, not a favorite period of The Who. Would much rather see a ‘73 tour....backing tape issues and all...
    Well, if you're gonna go '73, let's have the infamous Cow Palace show where Keith passed out not once but twice!

I actually think they were a pretty good band with Kenney Jones (not correct spelling). I don't care what anyone says, yyeah, I get it, when Keith had his shit together, they were like a force ten hurricane, which they kinda weren't after Keith went home. But they were still a solid high energy rock n roll band. I've got sevearl shows from both 79 and 82, and they more than do their music justice on those shows. And I certainly disagree with your "Pete not in great form" clause. Maybe he was a bit frelled up in 79 (especially after the Cincinnati debacle), but I think he sounds great on the Chicago, and I think it's Passaic and Madison Square Garden I also have from 79 (I think it's Passaic where they segue from My Generation into Dreaming From The Waist, the only time I'm aware of them doing it after 1976). And I think by 82, he'd finally quit drinking and doing drugs, and he was a real powerhouse on the 82 tour.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I'm reading that it's only five songs. Which might be OK for some of the unseen stuff, but for something like this which exists in full and has been released, why? Genesis and Elton have put up entire concerts in this period.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...#post-24642025
    Where are the Genesis shows?

That was a few months ago. Mostly post-prog stuff I believe.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Regarding the Who at Shea and 5:15 - who let Pete use a Tele on that song? As I saw on Sean's Facebook feed a while back: never send a single coil to do a humbucker's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Regarding the Who at Shea and 5:15 - who let Pete use a Tele on that song? As I saw on Sean's Facebook feed a while back: never send a single coil to do a humbucker's job.
    Uh, you know Pete's Schecters had humbuckers on them, right? I think his tone is just fine on 5:15 and the rest of the songs.

So am I like the only person think they sound great on 5:15 and I Can't Explain? Still love the tremolo picked note at the start of the first I Can't Explain solo!