Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Anyone Have an Amazon Echo and Do You Like It?

Well, this is interesting. I just won an Echo Dot in a drawing at the annual meeting of our rural telephone co-op. I set it up in my wife's office. I suspect it will rotate between that office, the kitchen, and the master bedroom for quite a while. I asked for the weather and she was very location specific which is impressive considering we live in a small town in the middle of nowhere and I've seen numerous electric devices get that wrong. Alexa won some nerd points with me when I told her, "Alexa, two to beam up." "OK, but the last time I tried this I combined the atoms of a human and a tribble." Then it played the sound effect for beaming up.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Alexa won some nerd points with me when I told her, "Alexa, two to beam up." "OK, but the last time I tried this I combined the atoms of a human and a tribble." Then it played the sound effect for beaming up.
    It's possible (past the original version) to go into the app and set its name to "Computer" instead of "Alexa".