Maybe not new, I have an account so...

I'm looking to connect with musicians somewhat versed in 20th century classical, hopefully a bit deeper than the intro to Firebird haha. I'm talking Barber, Milhaud, Ginastera (thanks ELP), Stravinsky, Bartok, Chavez, Varese, Pierre Henri, etc. For purely selfish reasons of course.

I go for the longer forms ala Yes and Genesis and absolutely love them but I see no point in trying to recapture the year 1972. I suppose if I'd heard anything as unique as King Crimson I'd rethink that, but I haven't. Prog-metal turns me off, symphonic prog is overblown - I just can't listen to songs about Boreas God of the North Wind - and anything that is unnecessarily played in 13/8 just sounds...like what it is. I know there's great stuff I haven't heard.

Anyway working alone sucks. I'm fair to good at writing interesting sections of music but terrible at finishing things. There's a plague of me's out there. I need someone with a similar or intersecting style to bounce ideas back and forth and push things forward. Hopefully someone who loves Aaron Copland!

I'll put a link on my about page for reference, I can't just blab and not show something. Interestingly young indie types like it and old prog types detest it.