Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stewart Copeland’s Gizmodrome announce debut album

Stewart Copeland’s Gizmodrome announce debut album

Gizmodrome, featuring Stewart Copeland, Adrian Belew, Mark King and Vittorio Cosma, will release their debut album in September

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-06-15/...ce-debut-album

https://youtu.be/ygZyuB21gMU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like 80's KC to me.

And I'm way cool with that!
    The Prog Corner

Sounds great! Auto-buy. Vittorio Cosma was a keyboardist in Premiata Forneria Marconi, with whom he made four tours and recorded Miss Baker with. Mark King is most famous for being the lead singer and bassist of the band Level 42.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

OK...I admit that his intrigues me...
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    At this moment the vocals put me of.
    Yeah, me too.
    Belew's singing has always annoyed me.

Looks interesting and could be fun!Stewart, King, Belew.... though the Italian guys link to PFM is a bit tenuous. Miss Baker?
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Sounds really cool. Will buy. Though, I will echo the comments about the vocals. That is one thing classic prog has over the new stuff, really great, intriguing vocalists, IMO.

Groooovy, baby! Perfect song to kick off Summer 2017.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Been waiting for this one! Cannot wait.

I'm interested in anything with Stewart Copeland on it. Not an automatic like, but I will listen.

I think the vocal on this tune might be off-putting in the way Prozakc Blues was, i.e. some strange effects and adopting a vocal style to get a particular song across. If the vocals on the whole album sound like this, that's a different story. I suspect they won't. Between Adrian Belew and Mark King, there are worlds of vocal possibilities.

But yeah, some great musicians involved in this. I haven't heard some of these guys in a while, so I'm curious as to what they've come up with.

Pre-orders are up at Amazon, teasing a second video as well...
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpyser View Post
    Yeah, me too.
    Belew's singing has always annoyed me.
    That's Copeland singing.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I thought "cool I'm gonna love this."
    And then i heard it.

Stewart needs to "sing" less methinks...

but I'll hafta get this album when it comes out
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I expected to like it, but I actually love it! Even the vocals (remind me a bit of Marc Ribot which is a non-singer that I really love)

Wonder how it will translate live??

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

And now they announce a super-limited instrumental EP:

The EP comes in a CD digipak. Strictly limited edition to only 1000.

Every mix brings a choice, which solo to use? Which keyboard part of the many recorded? What´s the leading instrument for each song and its parts? Effects or not?

While the "main" Gizmodrome album was being mixed in Milan, all recorded music has been sent to Hamburg, Germany, at Chameleon Studio. Local producer and engineer Eike Freese has mixed the alternative instrumental versions on this EP without having listened to what had been used on the studio album and what was the sound and the mood of the "main mixes".

The result is outstanding, the songs are shown from a totally different perspective from their album versions. Instruments originally suppose to sustain the songs have become the lead and without the presence of a vocal part, the joyous virtuosity can shine in all its glory.

For all progressive rock fans, these alternative versions will be an essential companion to the "official" album.
    https://gizmodrome.tmstor.es/cart/pr...=33682&cur=USD
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    And now they announce a super-limited instrumental EP:

The EP comes in a CD digipak. Strictly limited edition to only 1000.

Every mix brings a choice, which solo to use? Which keyboard part of the many recorded? What´s the leading instrument for each song and its parts? Effects or not?

While the "main" Gizmodrome album was being mixed in Milan, all recorded music has been sent to Hamburg, Germany, at Chameleon Studio. Local producer and engineer Eike Freese has mixed the alternative instrumental versions on this EP without having listened to what had been used on the studio album and what was the sound and the mood of the "main mixes".

The result is outstanding, the songs are shown from a totally different perspective from their album versions. Instruments originally suppose to sustain the songs have become the lead and without the presence of a vocal part, the joyous virtuosity can shine in all its glory.

For all progressive rock fans, these alternative versions will be an essential companion to the "official" album.
    https://gizmodrome.tmstor.es/cart/pr...=33682&cur=USD
    The hook has been baited.....

^Right? I read that and was all like, This is an album for all progressive rock fans, and I'm not all of them, but I got $40, so I bought both albums.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I like it! Stewart is such an original, amazing drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by ytserush View Post
    The hook has been baited.....
    Thanks for the heads up. Ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Ordered.

yes indeed. thanks!
    2trevorsforlife

Hmmm...

The Police
    King Crimson
    PFM
    Level 42

Looks good on paper. So far what I've heard sounds like 80's KC. We'll see.
    The Prog Corner