Thread: Daryl Stuermer Solo Works

Daryl Stuermer Solo Works

Worth Checking out or is he like Tony Levin, better in a band setting???

I heartily recommend "Go" and "Rewired - the Electric Collection", both are fairly heavy prog-rock fusion. "Another Side of Genesis" and "Retrofit" are worth seeking out also. Hailing from my home town of Milwaukee, I've seen Daryl perform live several times. His instrumental version of "Land Of Confusion" is outstanding. His reunion album with his early-seventies fusion band Sweetbottom is also highly recommended.

I saw him at a guitar festival in Tacoma 2016. Really good stuff. Instrumental Genesis, plus some of his own pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozricale View Post
    I heartily recommend "Go" and "Rewired - the Electric Collection", both are fairly heavy prog-rock fusion. "Another Side of Genesis" and "Retrofit" are worth seeking out also. Hailing from my home town of Milwaukee, I've seen Daryl perform live several times. His instrumental version of "Land Of Confusion" is outstanding. His reunion album with his early-seventies fusion band Sweetbottom is also highly recommended.
    I'd agree with this take but I like all his stuff. Live and Learn is probably my favorite. The Sweetbottom LP is great live material... and Ozicale is correct, Daryl is very good solo/live. I'd highly recommend checking out the LP's he made with Jean Luc Ponty if you are nor familiar with them.

In addition to what has already been mentioned, I highly recommend his first solo album, Steppin’ Out. Great material and playing. Lee Sklar on bass.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    In addition to what has already been mentioned, I highly recommend his first solo album, Steppin’ Out. Great material and playing. Lee Sklar on bass.

Yeah that is a great one on the GRP label... and what a jacket Daryl was wearing!

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    Yeah that is a great one on the GRP label... and what a jacket Daryl was wearing!