Page 38 of 125 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Well, the first half anyway. Rams came out and smoked 'em in the second half. Chuckie didn't any 2nd half adjustments (not good one anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    No, that was apparent months ago.

Week 1 just provided some validation.

You're the guy who thought that there were no good QBs in the draft this year. Like nearly everything else you post about sports, that will also be shown to be pretty foolhardy.
    Didn't say that, I said I don't think any of these guys were worth picks at the very top of the 1st round. And I said of the top 5 QBs taken, Darnold was probably the safest bet (despite USCs abysmal record of QB success in the NFL). And one game doesn't validate anything. I'll stack up my sports knowledge track record against yours any day of the week.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 09-11-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Is this going to continue throughout the season? I'll take Shadow, at least he's kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Is this going to continue throughout the season? I'll take Shadow, at least he's kinda funny.
    indeed

Faceplant never ceases to insult people year in and year out
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

This play went for -5 yards

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    indeed

Only those who prove that they deserve it. I'm actually an incredibly polite and nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Didn't say that, I said I don't think any of these guys were worth picks at the very top of the 1st round. And I said of the top 5 QBs taken, Darnold was probably the safest bet (despite USCs abysmal record of QB success in the NFL). And one game doesn't validate anything. I'll stack up my sports knowledge track record against yours any day of the week.
    Says the guy who thinks pitchers' wins and RBIs are important stats.

See, it's not even a matter of opinion. Your sports knowledge can be proven wrong mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    indeed

I've never had an issue with Facelift.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Says the guy who thinks pitchers' wins and RBIs are important stats.

See, it's not even a matter of opinion. Your sports knowledge can be proven wrong mathematically.
    Yep, pitching wins and RBIs are utterly and completely meaningless and irrelevant, and are mathematical proof that all the 1st round QB picks in this year's NFL draft will be HOFers. And you have never been wrong about anything and everyone else is wrong about everything. Got it.
    @@

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Watched it until the end. Go Rams!

Good thing you don't live in Hawaii.
    Wouldn’t the games end earlier in Hawaii?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Lost in the embarrassment at Cleveland Sunday was the performance of the younger Watt. Kid had 4 sacks, 11 tackles, and blocked a field goal. Nice!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Lost in the embarrassment at Cleveland Sunday was the performance of the younger Watt. Kid had 4 sacks, 11 tackles, and blocked a field goal. Nice!
    It's all in the Wisco water supply.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    It's all in the Wisco water supply.
    I hope Kevin King + whoever prove to be worth passing on JJ's kid bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Not putting him in that class after one game, just that the comment about a bunch of 2-yarders and then breaking one all the way is very much in the Barry Sanders style.
    Oh I understood what you were saying, I just don't remember it that way at all. I'd rate Sanders in the top 5 running backs of all time. Very elusive and shifty, with great skill at reversing his field and breaking edge containment. Of course he got stopped for short gains sometime, but not as a majority of runs before breaking a big one. I certainly don't recall his career in that way. Caveat: I was watching every Browns game, not every Lions game.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Wouldn’t the games end earlier in Hawaii?
    Yes. But, think about Every Sunday. First game starts at 6am for most of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Oh I understood what you were saying, I just don't remember it that way at all. I'd rate Sanders in the top 5 running backs of all time. Very elusive and shifty, with great skill at reversing his field and breaking edge containment. Of course he got stopped for short gains sometime, but not as a majority of runs before breaking a big one. I certainly don't recall his career in that way. Caveat: I was watching every Browns game, not every Lions game.
    Yves comment re Sanders reminded me of some amazing negative record re Sanders, so I looked it up and sure enough, here it is from Wiki:

"Sanders also holds the NFL record for the most carries for negative yardage. According to the NFL, Sanders is the all-time leader in rushing yards lost by a running back with 1,114.[21]"

No doubt he was a great back, but as a Vikes fan who did watch him play alot, I do remember him having games with a lot of carries where he would lose yardage or get squat, but then would break off a long run or 2.

What was his career average per carry?

What was his career average per carry?
    I think he was right at 5.0, with a few others, slightly behind Jim Brown.

So he could have games where he could have 5 negative losses of 2 yards each (-10); 2 long runs of 40 yards each (+80); and 13 carries for 30 total yards (2.3) which would avg out to 5 ypc.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 09-12-2018 at 12:25 AM.

Barry Sanders was awesome. Hated when he called it quits.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Yes. But, think about Every Sunday. First game starts at 6am for most of the season.
    It would be 7am, but yeah. We were just there last month and had this conversation, talking about how prime time games and events would start between 1 and 3pm, so you’d have to record games and put your fingers in your ears and go “lalalalala” until you got home from work.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Back to the weather. The hurricane has cancelled at least three college games. I have never been through a hurricane so I wonder does anyone think any NFL games will be moved or whatever because of this? Are any games happening where it's supposed to land to get affected?

It's nearly six in the morning and I ain't looking a damn thing up.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Barry Sanders was awesome. Hated when he called it quits.
    Hated even more that he never played on a decent team.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The only team directly affected are the Panthers and they are playing in Atlanta.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I did not see his every game either, I just seem to recall whenever I saw him play, he'd get stopped short a lot because the entire D was keyed on him, but he'd bust a couple of runs that were unreal. My favorite RB of all time....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-