Page 108 of 125 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    don't you still have a dog in the race?

for the rest of us who don't, who are you cheering for? Not 'who do you think will win' since I have cheered for the Pats since 2002 but I think Mahomes may carve up the Pats D yet I'm still cheering for the Pats!

I cheered for Brees and co. in 2010 and have never cheered for the Rams even though I have nothing against them... go Aints!
    I'm certainly on the Brees train. Loved him for years, still seems underrated to me, and he's helped me win a couple fantasy championships. A second ring is most deserved.

I'd have no problem with whoever wins out of the remaining teams though.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

I'll probably run with the Chiefs, but will be fine with the Saints. I can't stand a bunch of players on the Rams (Akib Talib for one) so they're out and the Patriots...well that's just never gonna happen.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

One of my best friends is a Philly fan, so I was pulling for them. Another good friend is a Pats fan, so even though I'd love for them to lose, I'll be happy for my buddy if they win yet again.

I really don't hate any of the other three teams, and would be happy for any of the other three QBs to get a ring. I like that the two best teams in each conference are still in the hunt. Anyone know how often 1 and 2 seeds in both conferences make it to the championship round? I tried to google it, couldn't find a definitive answer. Looks like it happened the year Denver beat Carolina in the SB and in 2004, so maybe not that uncommon.

Since he coached in GB before getting the HC job in Philly, I would feel good for Andy Reid if he could silence his many, many critics by not screwing up to make his team lose in the playoffs yet again.

I like fresh blood so I have no desire to see the Pats again, so let’s hope the Chiefs put an end to that. The Rams don’t bother me, but I’m rooting for Brees. A KC/NO matchup would be fun.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I s'pose I'll be all by my lonesome over here...

Had to get out the jersey -- my Nolan Cromwell #21 that I wore to nearly every Rams home game from 1984-1994. It's still in great condition, as I only wore it at the games I attended. Nowadays, it only comes out on special occasions.

This is an incredibly odd occurrence for me. The Browns are my team, but the remaining 4 are all 2nd tier likes for me, as were the Eagles & Chargers. Usually the teams I like don't get near the prize. The Rams are my #2 team and the Saints my #3, so I'll be rooting for the Rams to take it all down, but won't be too unhappy if Nawlins manages to eke it out. (Which I expect. The Rams secondary is abysmal, hard to see them winning it all.) Although I like the Pats, they've won enough. I'll be rooting for the Chefs in the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    I'll probably run with the Chiefs, but will be fine with the Saints. I can't stand a bunch of players on the Rams (Akib Talib for one) so they're out and the Patriots...well that's just never gonna happen.
    The Rams will get shafted by the officials because they have Suh on their team. The refs did it to the Lions the other year when they were playing the Cowboys. Then they did it the following week to the Cowboys with Dez's catch because they wanted the Packers to win.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

conspiracy theories are fun aren't they

I'm on to you Ed... you are one hilarious dude!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I s'pose I'll be all by my lonesome over here...

Had to get out the jersey -- my Nolan Cromwell #21 that I wore to nearly every Rams home game from 1984-1994. It's still in great condition, as I only wore it at the games I attended. Nowadays, it only comes out on special occasions.

If the Rams do make it to the Super Bowl, I might have to bust out my Deacon Jones jersey!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Well... my predictions were spot on... NOT! I drank the Colts/Chargers Kool-Aid. Shame on me. I must admit that was a so-so weekend of games at best. Only one really competitive game in the lot.

Now time to make predictions for Championship weekend:

Patriots- 31
    Chiefs- 28

Rams- 35
    Saints- 28

Though I hope to be wrong in both cases.

Picking the Pats because I thought they were the most impressive team this weekend. Kept the Chargers off balance all game long. The final score did not indicate how one-sided that game was. Pats kinda finished like Bolt in the 100m. So far ahead 3/4 of the way in that they coasted to a victory.

I am rooting for the Saints to go all the way but my head tells me that the Rams will outscore them. Just too many weapons to be contained. If the Saints struggled to defeat the Eagles, the Rams should prevail.

Whatever transpires, I'm riding the NFC from here on out.
    Last edited by Yves; 01-15-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    That's all on the morons on the field for not having the sense to try and recover it. Ref isn't to blame there.
    This is what happens if the refs don't blow it dead.

really want the Chiefs to win but on the other hand you have Andy Reid and his young team vs the dudes who always fucking win in the playoffs, so yeah I'm not hopeful
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    If the Rams do make it to the Super Bowl, I might have to bust out my Deacon Jones jersey!
    Lou, I always knew you were a good egg, I tell ya!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I don't hate any teams left, although when I stated a few days ago that I wasn't sure if I felt that the Chargers franchise deserved a trip to the SB, the same should apply to the other "what have you done for me lately" LA team, the Rams.

That being said I'm sure the Rams can do well even in New Orleans because in LA there is no such thing as home field advantage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post

Though I hope to be wrong in both cases.
    I think you will be. I don't know where NE found that pass rush against San Diego , but I think it's a mirage. At any rate, Mahomes can throw on the run, and they are at home. As for the NFC, the Saints are at home and their team is more balanced. Plus the Rams have that awful secondary. It should be a shootout, but I expect the Saints to prevail.

KC & The No Sunshine In January Band 42 Not Againland 31
    Nawlins 46 Los Apathy 44

It's supposed to get down to -8 degrees on Saturday night with a high of 10 degrees on Sunday, so that could potentially have an impact on the game here in Kansas City.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I think you will be. I don't know where NE found that pass rush against San Diego , but I think it's a mirage. At any rate, Mahomes can throw on the run, and they are at home. As for the NFC, the Saints are at home and their team is more balanced. Plus the Rams have that awful secondary. It should be a shootout, but I expect the Saints to prevail.

KC & The No Sunshine In January Band 42 Not Againland 31
    Nawlins 46 Los Apathy 44
    The thing with the Pats is it's just so hard to game plan for them. If KC can get it going on the ground then start to mix in that Mahomes Magic, they will win. If they are left scratching their heads on D the way the Chargers were, they're toast.

The NFC game is a total toss up. Saints cannot spot the Rams 14 in the first like they did the Eagles or else they will never catch up.

Divisional weekend was ho-hum but we have the Conference Sunday we were secretly wishing for.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

[QUOTE=Shadow;872432]This is what happens if the refs don't blow it dead.

Or this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB2TX4FmPAc

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I'm certainly on the Brees train. Loved him for years, still seems underrated to me. A second ring is most deserved.
    Yep. This is where I'm at, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Since he coached in GB before getting the HC job in Philly, I would feel good for Andy Reid if he could silence his many, many critics by not screwing up to make his team lose in the playoffs yet again.
    I wouldn't put money on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    conspiracy theories are fun aren't they
    Actually, they're usually pretty stupid.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Divisional weekend was ho-hum but we have the Conference Sunday we were secretly wishing for.
    yea I agree. I think these were the matchups everyone wanted. it's easy to hate on the Pats but they tend to play some really entertaining playoff games (particularly the ones they lose of course)
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Actually, they're usually pretty stupid.
    Only for those who don't believe.

If the Saints struggled to defeat the Eagles, the Rams should prevail.
    didn't the Iggles beat the Rams???
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Lou, I always knew you were a good egg, I tell ya!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    God forbid any receivers drafted by the Ravens.