Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Steve Hackett Re-recording of GTR Song

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post
    Great vocals! Looking forward seeing Mr. Steve Hackett next Saturday in Quebec City for his Tour de Force Tour 2018!!
    Heading up to Montreal for Sunday night's sold-out show.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Way more life in this version. They should have recorded it live instead of studio processed.

Wow, great vocals on that.

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Wow, great vocals on that.
    Yeah, but a little too great. I have a feeling they were helped by a little autotune "sweetening".

At first I was thinking that was Lee Pomeroy back on bass, but it's actual Viking bassist Jonas Reingold. Very cool.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Yeah, but a little too great. I have a feeling they were helped by a little autotune "sweetening".

At first I was thinking that was Lee Pomeroy back on bass, but it's actual Viking bassist Jonas Reingold. Very cool.
    I suspected that at first. Now I realise that you are right. I guess lots of background vocals are pre-recorded?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I suspected that at first. Now I realise that you are right. I guess lots of background vocals are pre-recorded?
    I believe Steve often uses a chorus effect on his voice...
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

great seeing this song get some new life, but vocal wise Steve hacks it to bits (pardon the pun)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I was definitely thinking the same thing, but thought I'd give them the benefit of a doubt. Tracks are always a disappointment, particularly when there's so much talent on stage. If you can't pull it off live, don't go up there and pretend that you can.

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    I was definitely thinking the same thing, but thought I'd give them the benefit of a doubt. Tracks are always a disappointment, particularly when there's so much talent on stage. If you can't pull it off live, don't go up there and pretend that you can.
    Listen to a live version of "Every Day", there might be two or three singers in the band and about a million voices in the chorus, and it's been virtually forever.
    Last edited by BarryLI; 02-13-2018 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Listen to a live version of "Every Day", there might be two or three singers in the band and about a million voices in the chorus, and it's been virtually forever.
    Just checked out 2 different videos. A little too lush, perfect, and exactly the same sounding. Hmm...