Thread: Musical Box UK dates 2018

Musical Box UK dates 2018

I see the Musical Box have just posted fresh dates for the UK and are touting a whole new show now including selections from 1970 right through to 1977. I was wondering if they had performed this anywhere else yet and what a setlist might look like? It's all good as far as I am concerned but my pal will decide on whether he wants to go based on the proportion of post Gabriel tunes there are.....too many and he's a no show. And he calls me a Musical Amish...!

Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    I see the Musical Box have just posted fresh dates for the UK and are touting a whole new show now including selections from 1970 right through to 1977. I was wondering if they had performed this anywhere else yet and what a setlist might look like? It's all good as far as I am concerned but my pal will decide on whether he wants to go based on the proportion of post Gabriel tunes there are.....too many and he's a no show. And he calls me a Musical Amish...!
    Do you have a link for the tour dates?

Brighton in October - I'll be there - thanks! Cant go wrong with a 70-77 set.

So they are getting away from the 'concert reproduction' format that has been their staple since the inception of TMB.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Looks that way. I would have liked to have seen the Foxtrot show but otherwise this is fine by me. Of course I hope they stay away from any tracks I consider turkeys but I am sure that it will be a great show either way.

Sounds awesome to me. I have seen them many times and have loved the exact re-creation aspect but something new and different would be welcome. Those LP's are their best so hearing Trick and Wind tunes with The Gabriel era songs will be great. One thing, when they did Trick before it was not exactly a shining moment for Denis. He pulls of Pete extremely well but did not do such a great job on the 4 man material... not if they could get Martin back...! His Phil is spot on both as a singer and a drummer.

One really curious thing is the staging/lights??? Without a script I wonder what they will do.