Thread: Yoko and 'the man in the bag' didn't mind record bootlegging (in 1971)

Yoko and 'the man in the bag' didn't mind record bootlegging (in 1971)

Yoko Ono: "Power To The People" <fist raised>
    but we know Peter Grant sure did!

(some nice footage of The Pink Floyd in the studio here as well...)

Check out what this guy got in trade from John Lennon for a measly $2 Beatles bootleg:

Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Two months earlier, she was in the bag.

John spent the whole year of 1974 in the bag - separated from Yoko, staying in Los Angeles, hanging out with Harry Nilsson, getting kicked out of the Troubadour,
    and yelling, "Do you know who I am?," while wearing a Kotex on his head.

^ PF was also selected for the soundtrack. Nice.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Check out what this guy got in trade from John Lennon for a measly $2 Beatles bootleg:
    Clearly, they didn't realize what Yellow Matter Custard was. it was not the Decca audition; it was BBC recordings. They're a bit clueless about the historical details.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    John spent the whole year of 1974 in the bag - separated from Yoko, staying in Los Angeles, hanging out with Harry Nilsson, getting kicked out of the Troubadour,
    Well, I was talking about how on June 6 they appeared on stage with Zappa and while she was Yoko-ing, Howard Kaylan stuck a bag over her. Unfortunately the sound still got through.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Apparently this remark was aimed at a waitress in a diner, who responded with "yeah, you're an asshole with a Kotex on his head".

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Clearly, they didn't realize what Yellow Matter Custard was. it was not the Decca audition; it was BBC recordings. They're a bit clueless about the historical details.
    No excuses these days but John himself who thought it was the Decca audition. He sent a postcard or something mentioning it to Paul as well.

http://www.meetthebeatlesforreal.com...s-stats-i.html

I'm not sure how well known the BBC sessions were in the UK back then, let alone in the US. Before my time, but obviously it took until the 90s for them to come out officially. That first BBC release was a huge hit.
    Last edited by JJ88; 01-18-2018 at 06:55 AM.

Did anyone notice "THE YES ALBUM" at the 0:43 mark?
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I'm not sure how well known the BBC sessions were in the UK back then, let alone in the US. Before my time, but obviously it took until the 90s for them to come out officially. That first BBC release was a huge hit.
    Considering that they appeared more than 50 times, had their own show and performed hundreds of songs on the BBC from 1962 through 1965, I'd say is was pretty well known in the UK.

Their hand was forced to release it in the 90s because of the bootlegs. In particular, this one, which had nine disc and 256 songs:

BTW, that first official release was over-produced and questionably edited. But the material of all this stuff is awesome, IMO.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"