Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Squire- Fish Out of Water

Chris Squire- Fish Out of Water

Just to keep folks posted. This will be a March release. There will be 2 versions--one in a limited edition box set with 5.1 surround , vinyl and extras etc and a cut down edition too.

Will let you know when I have full details but work has started on this. Notes will be by Sid Smith. Ive been asked about this a lot, so to save my email finger--Im posting here!!

Woo-hoo!

Good news but I already have the Stone Ghost reissue which is excellent. Great for those who want surround sound!

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the release.

What I'd like... An option with extras but not vinyl. I will spend silly amounts of money on box sets with all sorts of alternate track, rough mixes etc., but I'm not interested in bits of plastic I can't do anything with (be they LPs or replica tour passes).

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

What I'd like... An option with extras but not vinyl. I will spend silly amounts of money on box sets with all sorts of alternate track, rough mixes etc., but I'm not interested in bits of plastic I can't do anything with (be they LPs or replica tour passes).

Henry
    Seconded.

Great news though!
    Chad

I'll also find the vinyl superfluous and space-wasting--I'm an old fan and still have my original copy. Surround sounds cool, though.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post

Henry
    Thirded

Hope you folks from Esoteric pay attention to the format to deliver the 5.1 mixes.

The Caravan 5.1 of In The Land Of Grey And Pink was released only in lossy Dolby Digital format and more recently the Bruford Box also.

I’ll add a fourth request for standalone vinyl. It’s kinda a niche format, it should be reserved for those that want it and not foisted on us that don’t. Thanks

Will there be a CD + DVD 5.1 release, like the ones for Barclay James Harvest and Anthony Phillips ?

Auto buy! Am really interested in the extras, hopeing you have found something in the vaults that exceed the 7" single edits/mixes?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I’ll add a fourth request for standalone vinyl. It’s kinda a niche format, it should be reserved for those that want it and not foisted on us that don’t. Thanks
    Make it 5, we're getting close to a minyan.

TAKE ALL MY MONEY!!!!!

Mike

PS-Don't care about vinyl.
    Tabletop Genesis - A Genesis and solo career focused podcast, featuring the opinions of Tom Roche, Stacy Godfrey, Simon Godfrey, and Mike Lord - Listen on I-Tunes, or at http://tabletopgenesis.com/ Twitter: @genesistabletop Facebook: www.facebook.com/TabletopGenesis

Even though I still buy vinyl, I'll stick with my original copy.

But I'm up for the 5.1!

I demand 3 copies on vinyl original mix new mix and picture disc with holographic etching. then I also demand a 4th record with whatever bonus material comes out. oh also a 7" single of lucky seven.

also I want the cover in both 12X12 lithograph, postcard, coaster, key ring, and obnoxious giant foldout poster.

and don't forget the marbles.

that's all.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I have no use for vinyl either, and usually avoid deluxe editions that include it.

Although for this album I'll probably just stick with the CD I already have, which is in a slipcase, so it must already have some kind of deluxeness about it. Maybe it came with lettuce, tomatoes, and fries?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    I demand 3 copies on vinyl original mix new mix and picture disc with holographic etching. then I also demand a 4th record with whatever bonus material comes out. oh also a 7" single of lucky seven.

also I want the cover in both 12X12 lithograph, postcard, coaster, key ring, and obnoxious giant foldout poster.

that's all.
    And the bonus material should ONLY be on the vinyl!

Any excuse to hear that Bruford/Squire rhythm section...
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    Good news but I already have the Stone Ghost reissue which is excellent. Great for those who want surround sound!
    Yes I have that one too...CD/DVD, I'm quite happy with what I have, thank you very much!
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Make it 5, we're getting close to a minyan.
    +1, gotta be getting close to a maxyan, or at LEAST a midyan.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    And the bonus material should ONLY be on the vinyl!
    How about on a fish-shaped thumb drive and a Chris Squire halloween costume?

Chris Squire Halloween costume? You mean like anything he ever wore on stage?

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post

that's all.
    The Deluxe Box Set will include a real fish.

Out of water.

Express shipping recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    Hope you folks from Esoteric pay attention to the format to deliver the 5.1 mixes.

The Caravan 5.1 of In The Land Of Grey And Pink was released only in lossy Dolby Digital format and more recently the Bruford Box also.
    Yes, this is a very important point!
    One way Esoteric can get this right is if they hire Neil Wilkes @ Opus Productions to author the DVDs, like they did for most of the Anthony Phillips releases (except "Slow Dance")

Second, I'm also in the crowd that would prefer all the CDs and DVDs packaged together without vinyl.

Finally, after Esoteric releases this deluxe edition, I recommend that they do the same for Jon Anderson's first solo album "Olias of Sunhillow"!

Ember
    Inclusion of vinyl and the large package vinyl mandates would probably stop me from buying this, and then I'd be very sad. For me the ideal package is a digipak or jewel case with a Blu-ray containing lossless 5.1 plus stereo remaster, plus perhaps a redbook CD of the stereo.

Attempting to force vinyl on fans is an unacceptable affront.